• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beer and Golf. Two things that mix on occasion

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
DaveE said:
Wine would be wierd on the course and i'm pretty sure my friends would make fun of me anyway. When we were having our Wed. tournys during the summer I did see a guy with one of those big half gallon jugs of margaritas in his cart, & he was riding alone. Gotta little drinkin' problem there mate? Think so.
Had a friend who carried one of those Margarita bags, with a straw. Looked like a big kid with a sippy drink. Another friend turned me on too Mountain Dew Code Red and Gin or Vodka. There were 3 of us that used to walk and carry our bags. We each would have a different mixed drink to lighten the load, although I had no problem with packing a 6 in my bag while walking. We would usually end up trying a little of each on ever tee box, and stumble around the course. I'm known to carry gin and diet tonic on the course on those occasions where I am trying to lose a few pounds.

Would probably put one of these in my bag
http://www.golfgods.com/drink-caddie-golf-accessories.html
Only my friends would probably penalize me for having 15 clubs.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
DaveE said:
Our best local brewery is Shiner. They have four or five varieties, all good but overall favorite is the Bock.

Outstanding stuff, my favorite here in the Republic is Ziegenbock, pure *****.

I like beer.:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's expensive on tap tho. Like 8 bucks a pint here, which is nuts. They make some local beers that are so close to Stella, that if I poured you one and left a Stella bottle next to it, you'd never know.

$4.50 a pint. That means for every 3, I get one free! :D

R35

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
It's not too expensive here. I think it's on par with most of the other imports at about $4 USD. Then again, I guess that is about $8 canadian.:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
In case you hadn't noticed, and judging by your comments, you havent, the Canuck peso is sitting at about 0.87USD right now, which is pretty high. So that 4 buck beer is about $4.50CDN.:D

Still 3 bucks cheaper than here, you bastards...:mad:

R35

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
I don't tend to keep up with the exchange rates for canada or any other part of the world for that matter. The one time I went to canada I used american money. Someone is a little touchy today, sheesh!

Find your happy place :beach3:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
token_hottie said:
blue moon is also yummy

There is a super lame ass bar called the Blue Moon in town. It once was called the Texas moon, so from that you can imagine that it obviously sucks donkey.

I wasn't being testy before, just pointing random garbage out.

It's what I do. :)

R35

Rynamite

100 handicap and rising
Jan 17, 2006
Lately I've been drinking Labatt Blue. It has the best flavor of the beers that most bars have on tap. Blue moon is my beer of choice though. I love it, especially out of a tap.

For wine, Cavit Pinot Grigio gets my vote.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Frankly, I find golf requires too much concentration to play well without the use of drugs (legal or otherwise). But I would think real golfers would perfer to play on grass. :)

🔥 Latest posts