• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beijing Olympics 2008

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Anyone following these? I've been watching them almost non-stop except for this morning when I went to golf.

Go USA!

Who won between Canada and China in the soccer?

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Well, I was watching it thinking that it was live, but from what I read, it was a 1-1 draw.

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
Pretty pissed off at NBC for making most of the events not live.

Michael Phelps and Shawn Johnson are the main two I'm following.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
LOVE the Olympics. Bordering on junkie really. The whole family watches most of the coverage. Our Sat Dish has a little interactive feature with athlete bios, info about the sports, schedules, and a 6 screen picture in picture kind of thing that allows easy access to whatever is on.

Huge soccer fan.... pleased with the USA's 1-0 win over Japan on Thursday. The Dutch will be tough, but I'll be up at 5 am to watch. Did you know that the Dutch decided NOT to bring any over 23 year old players at all? Each team is allowed three.... From Holland, it's a big ole "we don't need any veterans to punk you bit@*es!!!" to the rest of the world. Unprecedented strategy.

It will be interesting to see how the USA plays them tomorrow. Freddie Adu and Brian McBride did not work well together against Japan. Marvell Wynne was spectacular at right back, my man of the match.

I'll catch all the USA soccer matches for, and the other big ones. Argentina, Brazil, etc. and definitely watch the semifinals and gold medal match.

I watched some of the Cuba vs Poland Women's Volleyball today. More than a few of the Polish Women were RED HOT. Seriously... nearly off the charts hot. I've been to a USA v Poland Soccer match in Chicago and lots of lovely ladies there as well. Is this an unknown trend for Polish women?

Definitely watching Phelps swim most of his races. Great article about him in the Sports Illustrated Olympic preview.

Watching some ladies gymnastics as well. One of the US girls goes to a high school (Cathedral HS in Indianapolis) that is a Catholic HS that my kids grade school feeds into. My 10 yr old daughter is a gymnast as well.

Yep... official junkie over here.... :laugh:

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I'll be watching these two as well.

Walsh may.jpg

I watched the US men's beach volleyball (favorites for the gold, don't ask me their names) they lost to two Latvians this morning.
Walsh may.jpg

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Anyone have a link to a complete tv listing? All channels, times, sports, etc.? The NBC tv listings widget/program/clicky thingy sucks, imo.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
The Olympics are just plain COOL. Getting a glimpse into China is neat too.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
GO PHELPS GO!

Kickin arse and takin names.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Dont really follow the summer olympics at all personally....

I cant wait for the 2010s :D:D:D. In my backyard.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm rooting for Canada too! I've grown fond of Canadians because of this forum.

Yay! Good to see how Park did, especially since what happened 4 years ago.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm watching some of the Olympics, espcially since the PGA got rained out today.

It really is glorius on a 75" Hi-Def front projector. :D Want me to see if I can post a picture?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
It really is glorius on a 75" Hi-Def front projector. Want me to see if I can post a picture?
SiberianDVM

If you do that i'll only be able to see a fraction of that picture cuz my computer is nowhere near that size;).

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Dont really follow the summer olympics at all personally....

I cant wait for the 2010s :D:D:D. In my backyard.

Sandie-

How's the Sea to Sky highway coming along?

I still can't figure out how they are going to widen the area just outside of Vangroovy without shutting down the whole road. They're going to have to blast into the side of the cliffs, no?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm watching some of the Olympics, espcially since the PGA got rained out today.

It really is glorius on a 75" Hi-Def front projector. :D Want me to see if I can post a picture?
Only if it's a video of your GF stripping for you.

🔥 Latest posts