• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Belly putter......

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
or Never Say Never, Part III.

I was somewhat of a traditionalist with golf, playing blades when I probably should be playing cavity backs, occasionaly playing with Louisville persimmon woods, and always playing with a blade style putter, albeit a Yes! Tracy.

But lately my putting has been so bad that I am desperate. So for $10 I bought a Carbite DC putter on Ebay and it's belly length (43"). Just got it yesterday, so my experience with it so far is limited to my living room carpet. Hope to get it on a real green today, then I will edit this review.

Things I have noticed so far:
#1- ball position has to be further back in the stance than I am used to, dead center is about right.
#2- butt fits nicely right under my sternum, then my arms extend down the shaft to the grip. The grip is round, which takes some getting used to.
#3- breathing while making your actual putting stroke is not a good idea, as this moves the whole club in unpredictable directions.

OK, I played my first round with this putter today, and I like it so far. My score was not too good, but that was because I couldn't hit a good iron shot to save my life.

Over putts, this thing is just much more stable and gives me more confidence. Stroking 3 & 4 footers was easy. I even made a 10 footer, and most of my misses were lip outs or edge burners.

Thumbs up so far!
Carbite DC.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Geez that's a huge switch from "traditional" blade putters!! My switch was to a mallet 2-ball. When I see pros use chest or belly putters the only thing that comes to mind is "this guy can't putt like a MAN"..... (hate the damn things):D :D

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Does your head stay behind the ball, Doc? How well do you see the line with your ball in the middle of your stance?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Does your head stay behind the ball, Doc? How well do you see the line with your ball in the middle of your stance?

My head is not behind the ball, no. I pick out a line before getting over ball and then try to line up on a spot and stroke to hit.

I played a round today with this putter and I like it. See my edit to the first post.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Tell that to Freddy Couples. :D

Not to thread jack, but some of the interviews I've seen of Couples leads me to believe he is a total dick. Not a fan thusly.

Anyway, Belly putters feel odd and foreign to me, can't get a feel for it.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Belly putters feel odd and foreign to me, can't get a feel for it.

You probably don't have enough belly yet. Wait til you're older. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's true. Of course, as we all know, I'm always going to be young and hot. *shrug* It's true.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You probably don't have enough belly yet. Wait til you're older. :D

SiberianDVM

Well put!!:D

That's true. Of course, as we all know, I'm always going to be young and hot. *shrug* It's true.

JEFF4i

Take lot's of pictures of yourself now so when you look at them twenty years later you'll remember what you looked like. Very big changes will occur grasshopper!! (goad goad) :D

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I just proud that at my advanced age and waistline, I can still see my dick without relying on a mirror. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I think we are all wayyyyy too comfortable with one another.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.