• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BEN HOGAN

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
first off let me say thank you to everyone that said that the Ben Hogan five lessons book was a good book. i went out and bought it Friday and read it today and will probably read it plenty more. everything in the book makes sense a lot better the the crappy golf for dummies video did. but i have one question that i need answered. in the book there is a illustration on ball position and i under stand all of it but the right foot position on the long irons and woods. why is he showing a closed stance or if I'm missing something. here is the illustration I'm talking about. GREAT BOOK:)

benhogan.jpg

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It seems to be a bit closed but the positioning will allow for a large shoulder turn as well as prevent the club from getting stuck on the downswing. If you want to see some videos check on Swingacademy. I put one DTL and another side view, I find it helpful to refer to them while going through the book.

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
thanks ill do that. have you found any 8.5 burner tp head on any of your hoing expeditions LOL

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nope. There was one on WRX with a "Shaqx" but the dude wants $350 and it had a butt extension. Apparently this L4V is supposed to be some great head but we've heard all this hype before.

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
yeah one of the guy's on there offered me one for $300 just for the head. I think i can do better

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yes, Hogan believed a closed stance was th way to go with long irons and woods. He hit fades off a closed stance

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yes, Hogan believed a closed stance was th way to go with long irons and woods. He hit fades off a closed stance

I'd love to be able to see what his clubface looked like at adress.

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country

o ok i was just wondering that but he does say in the book he played a fade i should have got that without asking. but thanks and have you read the other book (POWER GOLF) if is it done the same as this one. who does the drawings in that one is it the same guy that does it in this book. thanks

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.