• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BEST 9 holes of my life today!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Gotta humblebrag on this one - it's a keeper.

9 hole Men's League match today - game is low net. I get 7 strokes on the front and 6 on the back - we're playing the front.

1. Short par 4 - drive down the middle, 9 iron to green center, 2 putt par
2. Long par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, just miss birdie, 2 putt par.
3. 160y par 3 - 4 hybrid short of the green, but flag is up front. 2 putt par from off the green.
4. Medium length par 5 - drive down the middle, FW to 130 out, 8i just short of green, 2 putt par from off the green.
5. Medium par 4 - drive down the right side fairway, 7i to 5 feet, 2 putt par.
6. Medium par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, 30 foot breaker finds the hole for birdie.
7. Long par 3 - FW to just short of the green, 20 footer from the fringe finds the hole. 2 under par, pressure mounting.
8. Long par 4 - drive misses fairway a tad to the right, 165y FW to center of green, lipped out 20 foot birdie putt for a 2 putt par.
9. Short par 3 - 9i over a pond to a pin tucked in the back left behind a sand bunker, 2 putt par for a 2 under 32!

A net 25 might just win 1st place. These in-the-zone rounds are brainless. I couldn't wait until it was my turn to hit, because I was SURE the ball was going where I wanted. I can't recall a better 9 holes of ball striking and accuracy. Golf is fun on days like this. I was in a 4-some of close buds who were all rooting for me. Good times!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

9 hole Men's League match today - game is low net. I get 7 strokes on the front and 6 on the back - we're playing the front.

2. Long par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, just miss birdie, 2 putt par.
3. 160y par 3 - 4 hybrid short of the green, but flag is up front. 2 putt par from off the green.
4. Medium length par 5 - drive down the middle, FW to 130 out, 8i just short of green, 2 putt par from off the green.
6. Medium par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, 30 foot breaker finds the hole for birdie.
7. Long par 3 - FW to just short of the green, 20 footer from the fringe finds the hole. 2 under par, pressure mounting.
8. Long par 4 - drive misses fairway a tad to the right, 165y FW to center of green, lipped out 20 foot birdie putt for a 2 putt par.
9. Short par 3 - 9i over a pond to a pin tucked in the back left behind a sand bunker, 2 putt par for a 2 under 32!

A net 25 might just win 1st place. These in-the-zone rounds are brainless. I couldn't wait until it was my turn to hit, because I was SURE the ball was going where I wanted. I can't recall a better 9 holes of ball striking and accuracy. Golf is fun on days like this. I was in a 4-some of close buds who were all rooting for me. Good times!

Sandbagger

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States

Really well done!!!!

🔥 Latest posts