• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best 9!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Played with some buddies yesterday on a course I rarely ever play. Played it once before this year. Went out and shot a 43 on the front 9... not much going my way at all. But on the back, I shot a 3 under 33!! I've never been under par for a 9, much less THREE under! lol 76 the hard way! It's an odd 9 holes as well, only 1 par 5 and 1 par 3, the rest are par 4's. Birdied the par 5 and 2 of the 4's, the rest were pars! On the 18th I piped my drive and tugged my approach. Made a difficult pitch from the rough and drained a 6 footer for par. Why can't I play like that all the time????

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
You can play like that everytime. Positive reinforcement. It proves your skills are there now you just need to get that mental edge. Read a book like Bob Rotella's 15th club. Since reading it my last six rounds have been the 6 best of my life including my first sub par 9 and my first par 72. I hadn't broken 80 all year now I am right around par everytime out.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Talk about synchronicity... I did almost the exact same thing on Monday, only mine was a 33 on the front (33-43 for 76). In fact I was still 3 under par through 11 before a string of bogies wore the magic off, and a double on 18 to finish it off at 76, still my lowest round of the season. My previous low for 9 was 1 under.

The coolest thing about it was that I was playing with my boss who's the head pro, and I beat him straight up for the first, and probably only time ever (he shot 79). I had only broken 80 twice all year (78 and 79), and only had one score below 85 in the last month.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Talk about synchronicity... I did almost the exact same thing on Monday, only mine was a 33 on the front (33-43 for 76). In fact I was still 3 under par through 11 before a string of bogies wore the magic off, and a double on 18 to finish it off at 76, still my lowest round of the season. My previous low for 9 was 1 under.

The coolest thing about it was that I was playing with my boss who's the head pro, and I beat him straight up for the first, and probably only time ever (he shot 79). I had only broken 80 twice all year (78 and 79), and only had one score below 85 in the last month.

Sounds like we need to put our 9's together! ;)

295yards

May 5, 2009
Played with some buddies yesterday on a course I rarely ever play. Played it once before this year. Went out and shot a 43 on the front 9... not much going my way at all. But on the back, I shot a 3 under 33!! I've never been under par for a 9, much less THREE under! lol 76 the hard way! It's an odd 9 holes as well, only 1 par 5 and 1 par 3, the rest are par 4's. Birdied the par 5 and 2 of the 4's, the rest were pars! On the 18th I piped my drive and tugged my approach. Made a difficult pitch from the rough and drained a 6 footer for par. Why can't I play like that all the time????

Congrats.
Way better to do it on the back too. Would hate to walk away shooting 43 after a 33.

295yards

May 5, 2009

Oops.
3 under is 3 under. Congrats too?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
The only number I was concerned with yesterday was how many balls I could find. Came home with 26 of em.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Did you let them stop rolling first? :laugh:

Nope!
I love this time of the year, golfers are getting frustrated & losing a lot more balls it seems. Last 2 rds I have found a total of 62 balls.

🔥 Latest posts