• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BEST and/or FAVORITE purchases of the year

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Couldn't play at all last year due to foot problems. Surgery in October has put me back on the path to breaking 80 again...Hopefully

I'm just curious what did you buy this year that really improved your game or made it more enjoyable to play.

I think my best purchase was the Rife 2-bar Hybrid I purchased recently. Absolutely feels so smooth. It took the guessing game out of putting for me. My lags are darn close, my 5 to 8 footers are spot on, and it has saved me at least 3 or 4 strokes a round.

Second, I really enjoy the Golflogix by Garmin. This has also taken out much of the guessing in my game...for obvious reasons. Especially when I'm nowhere near my fairway. It may have sped up my game, hard to tell. Very accurate, to about a yard or two.

3rd, CG14 zip groove 54* and 60* wedges. Great feel, great weight...

And lastly, the Harrison Mugen Prototype shaft I purchased and had installed in my I-Drive head. WOW! Completely changed the club. The original shaft was an Aldila VX. I knew it wasn't the correct shaft for me after the first swing. What I didn't know was how cheap the VX is. After my first swing with the Harrison, I was stoked. To be perfectly honest, I actually had a hard time slicing with the I-Drive after the Harrison was installed.

LMK your best and/or favorites!!

Chet

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
TEE CB1 13*. Best fairway wood I've hit to date. It's a cannon.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Most of my favorite purchases occured last year. :D For 2008, it would have to be the Guerin Rife 2 Bar Black Mallet. While it does not quite have that Cameron Red X2 feel, I have been rolling the ball extremely well. Combined with the 150g TLP weight and the heaviest weights available for the bar ends, this is as close as I have gotten to that Heavy Putter consistancy with the addition of some feel and anti-skid technology.

In another week or so, I may have to revise this statement when my i10's arrive. :laugh:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My i3 irons. Used but in great shape and from the first swing they felt like old friends.

2nd would be my G10 4 wood.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
A $50 piece of steel (that was twice as much as I needed) $6 putter shaft and about the same for a grip. Turned into a very nice feeling putter, and I think the centre shaft of it has really halped me to putt better.

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
I have gotta go with my i10's. They are the first set of irons I have ever had fitted to me, and that has made a huge difference in my iron game. Now if I could ever learn to putt I could be dangerous.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
After playing for nerly 20 years with a Ping Anser 2, I have found my next putter. Good til at least 2028.

SD #2 flange.jpg
SD #2 flange.jpg

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Took a lesson last week and made a few swing changes and I'm striking the ball much better.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I am really liking my new fairway wood shafts, went from the Ozik Code 7 to the Ozik 8M2 shafts. The 8M2 shafts have a much lower launch and flatter overall flight, better control and I like the heavier weight.

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
The only thing I have purchased this year is an old Ping PAL2. Fancied a change from my B60i and, so far, I am enjoying the change. My main observation is, for some reason (prob weight), I am more comfortable lagging with the PAL2 on faster greens.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.