• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Canadian Beer?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Don't know if any of you have Whole Foods Markets in your area but they are headquartered in Austin and opened a new flagship store last week.

Among other things, they have over 800 different beers for sale. I may be moving in if I can find a place for a cot.

Anyway, we're going there to check it out Monday after we pick up our youngest at the airport and I thought I could pick up some Canadian beer to try. So what's the very best one? FWIW, I prefer lagers if there are good Canadian lagers. :canadafla

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Moosehead, Sleaman's (they have several types, thier honey brown is great). Molson Canadian isn't too shabby either but its heavy. Rickard's Red is a nice dark beer, they also have a Honey Brown which is good. Those IMO are the cream of the crop. Happy boozing :D

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Try "La fin du monde" (9%), "La Boreale", all brewed in the Quebec province (drunkards they are...)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Nothing beats guinness i repeat..... nothing beats guinness.

Also most spirits here are around 50%.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
The master said:
Nothing beats guinness i repeat..... nothing beats guinness.

Also most spirits here are around 50%.
Guinness is my particular favorite, but the alcahol content is no 50%, TM. Surely you jest.. Beer, BY DEFINITION, ecxcludes anything in that content category. I'm gonna tell your mom you are both drinking and fibbing, young man.

Since this thread is about Canadian beer (master...), I must admit my love of MoosHead. Oh, yah. With just a little lemon pulp crushed into it.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
No I mean spritits here are around 50% not beer, spirits is russian vokada, malibu, bushmills, bells etccc.. which are all aroun 50%

No lies here my friend.

I'm not form Canada so therefore don't know their beer.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So many to choose from, so little time...

Molson is the best known brewery I would think, with Labatts a close second. I'm not a Labatt's fan at all.

Try to grab a few of these:

Moslon Canadian
Moosehead
Pilsner (Moslon product)
Sleemans Honey Brown
Any Big Rock product (I doubt they have it tho)
Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale
Kokanee Gold
Rickards
Bavaria (Brazilian, but owned by Molson's)

I'm a big Heineken fan as well. Beers like Grolsh and Henieken sit well with me.

I can't stand Budweiser beers or anything made by Coors (Hello, taste, where are you!?!).

Those are the more widely distributed beers around these parts. Anything else that I'd usually drink is never exported. It's a shame...

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Oh, Grolsche. Yah, baby, yah... Those bottles are great for us homebrewers too. ;)

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Rock... only someone from Saskatchewan would suggest Pilsner.. :p. Your a true gapper.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
MAHALLEDAY said:
Ahhhh Bohmiester.(sp?) Seweage I a can. Good call Rock. Good Call.

Around here, it's Bohemian. Still sewage in a can, but you can't beat it on tap.

Oh wait, yes, yes you can.

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks guys.

I think I'll try to avoid the sewage in a can and try one or two of the others. Maybe one of the Mooseheads. I do like the name Rickards though. Guess I'll see what they have first.

🔥 Latest posts