• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best cart bag?

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
ok i know i started a thread last week asking about the best stand bag. i actually went out and bought the titleist x76 bag and walked a round with it yesterday. it was miserable. the bag was pretty heavy with all of my stuff in it and the straps really hurt my shoulders. the legs were terrible and my 2 year old $70 walter hagen bag had better legs before they broke. the pockets were nice but the dividers sucked on the titleist bag as well. there were only like 3 full length dividers so my club grips would get stuck constantly. overall i was displeased with the bag that i paid $140 for so i returned it. i also realized i don't really want to walk a round with my bag strapped to my back. i would rather ride in a cart or use a pull cart if i walk.

thus, please give suggestions for the best cart bag for the money. im sure most will have plenty of pockets and good dividers. so im looking for durability, appearance and cost. i would like to spend less than the $140 i got back for the titleist bag but i could possible spend 10-20 bucks more.

i did see a bag at dicks sporting goods that i liked. it was the titleist sc65 which i think is an older model that seemed to not look as big as a regular cart bag but it had everything i wanted and somewhat light. anyone have any experience with this bag?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Um, maybe I'm missing something here, so correct me if I'm off track.

A cart bag is for a cart. Or, a pull cart.

A stand bag is for walking and carrying it on your shoulders (proper straps).

A staff bag is for carrying too, but for a caddy. Too heavy for the golfer to hoof around.

I think you're using the wrong tool for the job. There is no freaking way I would attempt to carry my cart bag around the course, no freaking way.

I suggest you go out and buy a carry bag. They work for all occasions above - cart, carry, pull. Get an Ogio, they have loads of room in most models and their straps are the best I have used. Lots of guys also like the Hoofer, but I can't stand to buy Ping.

Good luck in your search,

R35

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
Ogio atlas 2006.. I just picked it up 2 weeks ago for 99$ .. I use a pull cart and love it!!! I forget the website... tgw.com or somthing

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I had a sun mountain C130 and sold it, I now have a PING discover (got it brand new for $149 Canadian) PING : PING Discover Cart Bag

Lots of room, great dividers, sturdy as a tank, outside putter well, fully loaded only weighs about 135lbs LOL.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I would second the Ogio Atlas. TGW was running an awesome deal on the 2006 version for under $100 if they still have any left. Great bag for using on either a pull cart or motorized cart. Tons of storage, but not as bulky as some of the other brands.

OP
J

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
Um, maybe I'm missing something here, so correct me if I'm off track.

A cart bag is for a cart. Or, a pull cart.

A stand bag is for walking and carrying it on your shoulders (proper straps).

A staff bag is for carrying too, but for a caddy. Too heavy for the golfer to hoof around.

I think you're using the wrong tool for the job. There is no freaking way I would attempt to carry my cart bag around the course, no freaking way.

I suggest you go out and buy a carry bag. They work for all occasions above - cart, carry, pull. Get an Ogio, they have loads of room in most models and their straps are the best I have used. Lots of guys also like the Hoofer, but I can't stand to buy Ping.

Good luck in your search,

R35

uh i don't know what part you got confused at... i originally bought a carry bag (the titleist x76) because i thought i might walk but i walked a round with it yesterday and it was miserable and i didn't like it for the reasons i mentioned. so now i want a cart bag cause i will prolly ride most of the time and if i don't ride, ill use a pull cart. so a cart bag is what i want.

OP
J

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
alright i bought that titleist sc65 for $135 at dicks. it seems to have everything i want but we'll see tomorrow when i put it on a cart and see how it fairs.

the only problem now is that i left some stuff in the bag that i returned (the titleist x76). i left my tee pass as well as a new bag of tees. hopefully no one buys that bag and i can go get my stuff tomorrow.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
uh i don't know what part you got confused at... i originally bought a carry bag (the titleist x76) because i thought i might walk but i walked a round with it yesterday and it was miserable and i didn't like it for the reasons i mentioned. so now i want a cart bag cause i will prolly ride most of the time and if i don't ride, ill use a pull cart. so a cart bag is what i want.

My bad, James. I thought the x76 was a cart bag. This initially had me thinking "WTF is he carrying a cart bag for?" :laugh:

Back on topic, I have an Ogio Amp that is just outstanding. Tons of pockets, cool looks and pretty light for a cart. I think they have a new model (the Synchro?) that is an upgrade as well.

Ogio. Get one and never look bag. Solid bags.

R35

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
GlobalGolf is still running a clearance trype sale on bags. I bought my copper/black Ogio Nitrous from there and I really like it. Lots of pockets, sits well on my pull cart, nice divider system.

Not sure how it compares to the Atlas, but it's a nice bag for $99, imho.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I laugh my @$$ off every time the cart guy at our course comments on how much my C130 bag weighs. Heck, if not for the cart guy I am not sure I would have a cart bag just for the sake of not wanting to carry it from my car to the golf cart. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts