• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Cart Bag

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Folks,

We had a thread on best stand bags. How about the best cart bags?

I think I want a bag with will 14 separate slots with full length dividers. Any issues with this? I really hate having a club's grip get caught on another club's grip.

I was looking at the Sun Mountain S1 and the Ogio Atlas. I have a Nike bag now and it just sucks....

Please, I need lots of advice on this one! I will using the bag in carts and with my push cart.

Scott

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
As I said in the other thread, for stand bags I woulds say OGIO then Sun Mountain, and reverse that for the cart. The Sun Mountain C-130 gets my bid. After seeing many, this is the cart bag I bought (and we have owned a few as well), and could not be happier. If I could figure out how to get the kitchen sink out of my kitchen, it would fit in the bag. The best seperators I have ever seen, ever club slides in and out very easily, and they are staggered from front to back. It has 14 seperators, plus a side putter well. The only downside I can find is that my wife and I both use this bag, and on smaller carts you really have to cram them in, but they will fit. It also fits fine with any other bag.
http://www.sunmountain.com/default.php?cPath=2946_2949_2890
http://www.sunmountain.com/default.php?cPath=2946_2949_2890&showproductlist#productlist

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have an Ogio Amp, and I love it. I get compliments on it all the time because it's not like anything else out there.

Have a look through their line if you're interested, they make great stuff.

Fullbag.jpg

R35

OP
W

winders

Sep 23, 2006
R35,

That is a great looking bag and one I was quite interested in until I found out that it did not have 14 separate slots with full length dividers. That's why I am interested in the Atlas bag.

By the way, what iron covers are you using? I have the FaceSaver Plus covers and like them a lot. They are easy to put on and remove are made out of rubber.

Scott

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Mine are Club Glove. They're neoprene, like what they make dive suits out of. They're super sweet. They come in all sorts of colours and patterns. Check it out:

Club Glove Headcovers

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I have a pretty sweet cart bag now, but I can no longer recommend it as I am at odds with the company's poilcies of removing their products from long time retailers. The bag is nice, but I dislike the name on the side of it.

If I were to get a new one it would probably come from Ogio or Sun Mountain.

OP
W

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Any have opinions regarding the Bag Boy NXO Revolver cart bag? It looks like it has some innovative features.

Scott

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I looked at the Bag Boy when I got the C130. I believe it was the NXO. I decided that the rubber grips would be a pain in the @ss. I believe that is the one with the rubber grippers. Just take a look at the bag, if that is the one you may decide the rubber club holders may be tiresome in time.

Althought the 12 pack cooler is what interested me, I can fit 8-10 beers in my bag in a cooler for the side pocket no problem

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i have a Walter hagen bag i got for $99 brand new.i like it because everything faces forward and is easy to get to. a pic posted in another thread/ weapons & greenview

OP
W

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Well, I settled on the Ogio Atlas in indigo. The Sun Mountain C-130 looked great too but it was just more bag than I wanted to get. My wife prefers walking so I need a bag that fits nice on a 3-wheel push cart. I found a place selling the Atlas for $159 including shipping.

I'll report back when I get the bag letting you all know what I think of it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Scott

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Actually, I missed in your first post where you mentioned pushing it on the cart. As you mention, I think the C-130 may be a big for that use.

This may worth looking at. My wife used to have one similar to this, although it was lost with her clubs by the airlines. The only thing I dislike on these types of bags compared to a real cart bag is that the zippers get caught under the straps, and you have to undo them to accesss the pockets. Not sure if that is the case on this bag. It still has the 14 seperators, and is much lighter. The center putter well looks kind of strange to me.
http://www.sunmountain.com/default.php?cPath=2946_2948

🔥 Latest posts