• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Component Hybrids?

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Okay I searched, and surprisingly came up with nothing...

Who makes the best hybrid heads? Based on my very limited experience ( I don't play one, although I did just pick up a KZG from a ST'er ) I'd have to say Sonartec... but they're TU now. The KZG is cool, but it's a monster... I have smaller fairways.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I hit a friend's Golfsmith hybrid and it felt nice but heavier then most. :)

Godd results on the shot anyway. :)

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Check out the Maltby KE4 hybrids.

MALTBY KE4 HYBRID WOOD HEADS

I checked those out in the store the other day, and they are on my list. Not for me, I'm looking to build a set of two, maybe three, as a gift.

Edit: Forgot to finish my point. I hit a 24* KE4 that was in the used rack at Golf Galaxy the other day, and to be honest, I sprayed it all over. Then I tried a 21* Sonartec MD they also had, and ripped it right down the middle 190y carry over and over. I know what I like in a hybrid, and it's a Sonartec, but this isn't for me, so I'm seeking wider opinion. Seems like you guys test drivers a lot more than hybrids ;)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
It's ugly as sin, but I've got a 24* (stamped 26*) SMT Avocet hybrid that is one of the most forgiving clubs I've ever hit
I haven't tried any of their other stuff, and I know a lot of guys are not fans of the Company, but this is a pretty good design (assuming you don't throw up when you see it)

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
It's ugly as sin, but I've got a 24* (stamped 26*) SMT Avocet hybrid that is one of the most forgiving clubs I've ever hit
I haven't tried any of their other stuff, and I know a lot of guys are not fans of the Company, but this is a pretty good design (assuming you don't throw up when you see it)

What's wrong with the company? I read some bad things about KZG, but nothing about SMT.

Other than their ugly clubs, that is ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Nickent started out as a component company, and their 3DX DC models can be found cheaply and reshafted easily.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I have a Wishon 785HF #3 hybrid that is one of my very favorite clubs. I just really hit well.

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I use a Snake Eyes viper Tour that I put together. I like it a lot. I haven't seen anyone else with one but I think they're nice.

I have an irrational dislike of a few things, and two of them are clubs with goofy names, and cartoonish logos... so I won't be buying any Snake Eyes ( or any Integra SooooLoooongs ).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.