• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Cut of Steak?

What is the best cut of steak?

• Ribeye

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • NY Strip

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Filet

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Smallville

Jul 29, 2008
Ribeye. Medium-rare. Filets are awesome but too spendy to eat all the time.

No sauce of any kind. If you need something other than the meat itself, it's not any good. The juices should be enough.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I promise...pinky promise, even...*wink wink*...so go ahead, lay out your meat. :mgw:
OK, but no sauce.
icon10.gif

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I too would go for porterhouse, but voted strip in the poll. The best steak I ever had was a porter at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. That was one amazing slab of meat. That one was perfect taste, coupled with perfect preparation.

The last really good steak I had was at Pittsburgh Rare steakhouse in Pittsburgh. That was a perfectly cooked steak, and a great cut. That med-rare center was like velvet on your tongue. The flavor wasn't the best I ever had, but it was cooked perfectly.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Medium Rare all the way around.

Filet is the most tender, although I do get some NY strips that are close.

NY is the best affordable all around steak. Great flavor, great cut, good price.

Ribeye has the best flavor, the fatty-buttery flavor is great. But I hate all the fat, I hate cutting around it, through it, picking it out. But the meat taste fantastic.

So I can't choose. I don't eat porterhouses, or Tbones.

I also generally don't cook/eat a steak unless it's 1.5 to 2.0 inches thick before cooking.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Medium Rare all the way around.

Filet is the most tender, although I do get some NY strips that are close.

NY is the best affordable all around steak. Great flavor, great cut, good price.

Ribeye has the best flavor, the fatty-buttery flavor is great. But I hate all the fat, I hate cutting around it, through it, picking it out. But the meat taste fantastic.

So I can't choose. I don't eat porterhouses, or Tbones.

I also generally don't cook/eat a steak unless it's 1.5 to 2.0 inches thick before cooking.

What he said, though often I order a medium rare ribeye or prime rib.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I too would go for porterhouse, but voted strip in the poll. The best steak I ever had was a porter at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. That was one amazing slab of meat. That one was perfect taste, coupled with perfect preparation.

We have a Ruth's on the west side of town, haven't eaten there yet. Heard it was kinda pricey? Was it & if so was it worth it?

Had a smothered burger today from Dotty Dumplings, Zaphod will know where that is. Medium with 3 cheeses & english garlic sauce, oh my god was that ever freaking delicious.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
We have a Ruth's on the west side of town, haven't eaten there yet. Heard it was kinda pricey? Was it & if so was it worth it?

Had a smothered burger today from Dotty Dumplings, Zaphod will know where that is. Medium with 3 cheeses & english garlic sauce, oh my god was that ever freaking delicious.

Trying to grease up the new heart hardware? :)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006

I went to one in Honolulu, so the price might be slightly skewed. I remember my steak, which was a 20 oz porter, was $50. You pay for every side and salad. My wife and I ate just dinner, 2 steaks and 2 sides, with me drinking 2 beers and her water. With tip it was $120. Totally worth it if you are into spending money for a good meal. I like to eat like royalty once or twice a year, and this was the best I've ever eaten. Go grease that new heart!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Original equipment baby!!! Other than the ring that was installed to help the valve keep it's shape. Doc says my condition was genetic & my diet had no limits since it wasn't the cause of anything.

I needed a nice greasy burger & this was exactly what the Dr ordered.

Now I want a nice thick filet!!!!!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008

As chains go, Ruth's is pricey but worth it--reasonably close to The Palm.

Well, THAT must have lubricated the new valve.

Members online