• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BEST experiences in your golfing life

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Mine was probably playing in an Ulster final to get to All-Ireland Finals. 5-man team and I was playing number one. I got off to a stormer and was 1-over after 9 and was 3-up. He then birdied 10 and I parred 11 to go 3-up again. I then proceeded to lose the next three holes to pars and went all-square.

Now there were lots of people out watching this final and after word got around that my match had got back to square, people came flocking to watch my match.
The 15th, a par-5, which was in reach with two good blows, we both hit good drives with me to hit first. I missed the green short right and he hit just ahead of me. We were both unsighted from the flag and pitching up and over a bunker. I pitched to 22 feet and he hit to about 18. I holed. He holed. Gutted was not the word !

Next hole I hooked one into the trees. Was so down after the few previous holes that I said to my caddy I had blown it and ruined the clubs chances of All-Ireland success. It was up to my match as matches 2 & 3 were liable to win and the last two were getting beaten.

After deciding against pitching out towards his ball in the middle of the fairway I hit a high fade with my 5-wood up and around trees and off the left front corner of the green. I almost holed the pitch with dozens upon dozens of people situated around the green, putt was conceded.

I then won 17 - a long par-3 with a par and hit a 9-iron to the last and two putted for victory. Didn't properly "come round" for the next hour or so as it was all a bit much for me, to be honest. Got hammered that night. It was very special indeed. :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yesterday, finishing a tournament round, going out to my car, and seeing that my fiance had dropped by during her break and left a sweet note on it. :)

As far as shots? Hole in one, hole out from 150, and that amazing chip that I've decided takes too long to write out.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Playing Spanish Bay, Spyglass, and Pebble Beach in two days with my brother, together for a two week California trip after our step-father's untimely death from cancer. We really wished he were there with us.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
1989 Club Championship. 72 holes over 2 weekends. I went into the tournament with a legitimate 16 handicap... hadn't finished in the money all season. Then came the epiphany.

In the 3rd round I shot what is still my best score ever (and my first ever sub 80 round), a 1 over par 73. 4th round, I shot 78 and made my first hole in one, to win a 50% share of a $2400 pot. I won my flight by more than 20 strokes, was the runaway handicap champion for the year, and by season end my handicap was down to 10 and I was still playing golf at that level for the next 4 years (then I got married... but that's another story).

That was a weekend of golf that I will never forget. :)

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
I don't have much history with the game, so my experiences arew a bit limited... it come sdown to a couple drives.

It's kind of a toss up between driving the green from 309 and hitting a drive about 350 on a hole (if the yardage markers are to be trusted) ... the fairway goes flat for maybe 290 and then starts dropping over another 175 yds or so and if you catch that lip on the fly it goes, bounces and rolls forever and I hit a screaming line drive right over the lip and it took off for me.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online