• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best game ever!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I went into the day with 2 rounds to play, one in the morning at my home course and one at a private course I'd never played before for my school team.

Round 1 was disasterous.. I could not swing my clubs. It just felt like I was doing something terrible wrong. 51 on a 35.. I almost didn't wanna play later. I just couldn't hit ANYTHING where I wanted it to go.

Later..

Private course, 2400$ a year to get a membership. Niiice place. I left my driver in it's individual hole, and teed off with the 3 wood on holes I needed to. Good god.. the two kids I was playing with were seemingly CRUSHING their drives, and I was always right up next to them with my 3 wood. I even punched one pretty far out of pinestraw!

Once, I was in the bunker (which I don't like, cuz I NEVER practice bunker shots, cuz I'm not usually in 'em). I hit it just right, and it rolled down onto the green about 2 feet from the hole.

On a par 3, about 165, I teed a 6 iron a bit left with probably 15 lateral yards to the green, and 25 to the hole. Lob wedge. 2 feet. Gorgeous.

I finished with a 42, par 36. Having never played the course, and not using a driver (literally never, EVER used my 3 wood in a game before today, and almost never even on the range until friday) I feel I did exceptionally well. The two kids I played with were the closest to me with 44 and 46, and everyone else was 50's and up.

Just had to tell the story.. going into a game where the last round I had was the worst I've almost ever had.. and then playing the best game of my life.

Golf, they call it. Golf, they will play.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great story...a classic.

It's the game we love to hate...crushing, uplifting, humiliating, thrilling.

I played Saturday after a three week layoff. I did not play terribly well...but I had a great time with my buddies.

I can honestly say that for the next 7-8 hours after finishing- I Felt Better. My karma was better...the Zeitgeist was positive.

It's weird and I cannot explain it...Golf in the Kingdom maybe.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, the two kids I played with I didn't really know, and by the end we were like "same group tomorrow?" and "hell yeah!"

I think I dug up a cable line with a wild 5 wood shot though.. still went straight, just not as far as I'd like.. reeaaal high too.

🔥 Latest posts