• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Golf Bag right now?

rayfaylor007

May 17, 2009
Thoughts on what bag to buy for my new clubs...

I have a couple year old OGIO. Not sure what the model is, but it has the Woode club management system. My favorite feature is the spot for the putter at the "top" of the bag where the Driver/Wood would usually go. I also like the ball pocket on the bottom 'front' of the bag when the bag is in the cart. It has ample storage, but is just quite heavy. I do walk about 15 rounds a year. The bag I am looking for would be a nice cross between a ultralight walking bag with lots of storage pockets and spot for the putter. It should also look cool.

I have looked at the Ping Hoofer, Sun Mountain Four and Three, and some of the Ogio bags. They are just so expensive! I guess I would add that it would be nice to pay less than 150 bucks.

Thanks

Ray

buykrux

May 15, 2009
id go with titleist
i have a ping bag now, freestyle, and its a piece of crap
titleist i hear has great new bags, i never did like ogio

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Here is my suggestion, :thumbs up:
pepsi bag.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've got a two year old Ogio Atlas and love it but looking at the new Ping cart bags I've got to say that might even be better. But big bucks... :)

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I have looked at the Ping Hoofer, Sun Mountain Four and Three, and some of the Ogio bags. They are just so expensive! I guess I would add that it would be nice to pay less than 150 bucks.

I have an Ogio Edge and a Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag. While the Ogio has a lot of innovative features it has not been out of my basement since I got the Titleist bag. Its just that much better. Its also a lot lighter.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I am liking the Bag Boy Revolver as well as the Sun Mountain C130. I currently have a TaylorMade TMZ stand bag & am learning to hate it, can't stand that it doesn't have individual slots for every club.

emetib

May 16, 2009
I have to vote for the Nike Sasquatch (probably spelled wrong)

I got one a few weeks ago and it's perfect for walking and ok for cart.

The pockets for the scorecard works great for my Sonocaddie GPS and the insulated water bottle pocket is right where it needs to be.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I've got a two year old Ogio Atlas and love it but looking at the new Ping cart bags I've got to say that might even be better. But big bucks... :)
He said he walks about 15 rounds a year. I have the Atlas also, and if I were to walk with that bag it would not be without a caddie. :D

Actually I would probably try and find a Ogio Grom for that price range if you want a stand. OGIO also has a new Hybrid model between a cart and stand bag, but may be more pricey. My wife just picked up a Sun Mountain SCB DLX which is very light and has 14 separators and a putter tube, although is a Cart bag made for the Speed Cart (which she has), so it has no stand. Even though I have never had good luck with the zippers on Sun Mountain bags, I would likely go with one of them if I bought a bag now because it is so light. Not that the Atlas is a bad bag, but for it's size it does not hold nearly what I would expect. It is not much smaller than my old C130 which held almost twice as much. While the MSRP of the SCB DLX is around $189, I think she got it for around $150

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I looked at everything coming into this year. My final verdict was to keep my 3 or 4 year old Grom.

The Grom has the Woode system, the putter well, the Zipperless Ball Pocket, and the most important thing, the Ball Silo. Additionally it has the cart strap that is just awesome, and it has legs for when you go to the range.

Amazingly, there are VERY FEW Ogio bags that actually incorporate all of the above. Some have ZBP, some don't. Some have the Silo, some don't. It's terrible to wade through all of the omissions by Ogio.

Spend the $150 (or less) on a 3-wheel ClicGear push cart for when you walk and keep the Grom.

🔥 Latest posts