• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best nine ever... didnt break any clubs though

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
Went out today to shoot 9 today with a buddy.. I shot a 47...thats the best Ive ever done..!!! my score would have been better if I didnt get a 10 on the only par5 on the course :( I hit a solid drive, but chunked my new 2 hybrid(three times), then proceeded to 4 putt..:( also missed a bird the 9th hole by literally 2 inches..... I felt the best I ever have on the course today.. This year has been my best year also,, I am just "getting: alot of stuff.. hopefully I break 100 on my first 18 I play..(which should be tomorrow).... my wedges were on for me today.. putting was pretty good... mostly two putts...

I will update tomorrow after my 18...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Congrats on your personal best. WTG !!!!!

Now, don't get overly discouraged if you don't break 100 tomorrow. Keep telling yourself you know you can do it, and soon enough you will.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Just dont worry about the bomb and gouge. If your left with a 200+ shot into a par 5 after a messed up drive.. don't try to hit the green on the fly in 2.

Lay it up to a distance you know you can nail it close with a wedge. Put the hybrid away and grab a 6i and put it out there for a nice little 1/2 wedge.

Congrats on the game, and keep the confidence up. Forget the bad shots, and remember the good 'uns!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Congrats on the good 9! Let us know how you do on the 18.

• This is a frustrating game. We can play well for a 9 or an 18 and think we have the game mastered. The very next round, this game will jump up and kick you in the ..... !!
  • As you grow in this game, I believe it was Harvey Pennick who said... "Take one aspirin, not the entire bottle." Grow your game gradually. It takes time to instill a few good habits. Trying to do too much at once only confuses the mind and body.
  • Remember the clubs you hit well. A smoothed wedge that goes 120 yards is far better than a chunked hybrid that rolls 50. We often try to swing full out on our longer clubs, only to watch our divot fly farther than our ball. Another old adage is "Swing easy... Hit hard!" "Bumping" that hybrid 150+ is far better than sticking it in the ground.
  • Don't "break clubs", as suggested in your thread title. Anger and emotion will not assist your progress. Often, you will find just the opposite. That's what makes it interesting to play with the 'young flat-bellies'. If I can get in their heads.... if I can get them mad at themselves or their game... it's all over! Those who show no emotion... who take the good with the bad... are impossible to beat. Buy a Tazer. Everytime you hit a bad shot, instead of throwing/breaking a club stick the tazer on your buttock and pull the trigger. It's not the club who needs discipline... who needs to hit the better shot.
Again, enjoy your full 18!!!!!

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
Well, didnt get out for 18.. but i did get 9 in.. I shot a 51.. not quite as good as yesterday, but i did hit some solid shots.. had a nice chip go in from about 15 feet in from the rough... i chunked a few, but my driver was on point.. solid 230-250 yard drives nice and straight!

Hopefully get out tomorrow again!!

OP
E

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
**** this game. I'm back to not knowing how to swing a club. Played 13 holes yesterday, and 9 today. Both rounds were HORRIFIC. I stopped keeping score after the first 4-5 holes both days. Man this game is frustrating

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
**** this game. I'm back to not knowing how to swing a club. Played 13 holes yesterday, and 9 today. Both rounds were HORRIFIC. I stopped keeping score after the first 4-5 holes both days. Man this game is frustrating

I hear you, the way I was hitting today you would have thought I had never swung a club in my life.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

Ahhhh, welcome to the game of golf all of us hacks know and love/hate. We all have days like that, where it feels as if you've never picked up a club. It happens to everyone, even the pros. What you just experienced is the equivalent of them missing the cut.

They are so much better than us that their really bad days aren't as bad as ours, but they have them to.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I shot a personal best 9 today, of 45, then shot a 61 on the back, havent hit that crappy in yearsss. Anyways, had 15 putts on the front, 31 total, and alot of shanked irons and OB drives... Playing partners called me "Matisow" for my epic meltdown

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.