• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BEST ROUND EVER!!

What'saScore

I need an eraser
Feb 5, 2006
Yesterday I shot my best ever round. Remember, the first round I ever played was late last September, and yesterday was my lifetime 6th round.
I only had one 8, on the 458 yd dog right #1 hole. I had 3 bogeys, and even pard both of the par 3 holes on the back nine. I scored 52 on the front, and 51 on the back. I suck pretty bad, so having only one 8 and 2 pars is one of those "Mine Eyes Have Seen The Comming Of The Glory Of The Lord" type rounds. Unbelieveably, I hit my fairway wood completely straight and long all day. Putting seems to have come naturally to me, as I only 4-putted twice, and hit several over 10 feet. If only I could quit with the banana looking drives, I would be looking pretty good.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good job! Keep it up. I could hit a 300yd. drive and still didn't break 100 for over a year. I try to pass myself off as a halfway decent golfer and have had several rounds a lot higher than that this year. :)

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Good job. It's almost always a wondeful feeling going low, and if you keep working and practicing, you ought to see the 90's sometime relatively soon.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
What'saScore said:
Putting seems to have come naturally to me, as I only 4-putted twice...

Awesome. LOL!

Where'd you play?

Getting that "low" after 6 rounds is just awesome. I'd almost bet that you are almost a natural it it with a score like that. My friend played for about 3 years, maybe 20 rounds a year, and the lowest he shot was 106 and that was on a pretty easy course (no water, no woods, no forced carries, no long grass, few bunkers, big greens. :) ) He never did break 100 even though a 3rd friend said he'd give him $100 if he ever did.

Keep up the great work!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Looks nice. Not the longest course but I can see how you 4 putted a few. If that practice green and the 128slope for a shorter course are any indicators that place must have some tough greens. What's with the 1st hole saying 4/5, then the whites are listed as 8yds. further out than the blues? Is it a 4 from the blue and a 5 from the white?

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Congratulations, for the short amount of time that you have been playing that is a really really good score.

I mean I get a score like that about 50% of the time.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Congrats. I consider any round where I don't have a snowman to be victory of sorts. :)

I'm heading out in a couple of hours to play a relatively tough course: Hickory Knob. I anticipate losing at least half a dozen balls in the water, as I am afflicted with Tin Cup syndrome. I can hardly wait!!

scott.cant.putt

Scott.cant.putt
Apr 8, 2006
i had played a few round but i brought a membership last year and went quite often i have just turned 17 and at the back end of last lear i was constantly getting sub 90 rounds but i changed clubs at the start of this year and iv gone crap but i went back the other day and made 49 on the front 9 which isnt bad for sayin i though i was playing v poor

OP
What'saScore

What'saScore

I need an eraser
Feb 5, 2006
ezra76 said:
Looks nice. Not the longest course but I can see how you 4 putted a few. If that practice green and the 128slope for a shorter course are any indicators that place must have some tough greens. What's with the 1st hole saying 4/5, then the whites are listed as 8yds. further out than the blues? Is it a 4 from the blue and a 5 from the white?

I don't know what that 4/5 deal is about. I saw that on the scorecard and forgot to ask the guy in the pro shop. The blues being shorter than the whites on #1 must be a mis-print. They are definitely longer.One thing the course does have is quite a few holes that go up rather large, (for me) hills.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
What'saScore said:
I don't know what that 4/5 deal is about. I saw that on the scorecard and forgot to ask the guy in the pro shop. The blues being shorter than the whites on #1 must be a mis-print. They are definitely longer.One thing the course does have is quite a few holes that go up rather large, (for me) hills.

It's set up the play as a par 4 for the blues and par 5 for the whites. Augusta Municipal has 1 f****d up hole like that.

🔥 Latest posts