• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Round this Season

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
Today at the Bethpage Red course.
This one is the second toughest of the 5 Bethpage courses, with only the Black being harder.
From the whites, it's course rating/slope = 71.5/126, 6555 yards par 70.
Anyway, I came in with a 101.
A little disappointing, as I really felt like I shot about a 90.
But the first hole is a really tough part 4 - uphill, 459 yards.
Good drive, good layup, bad 8iron, bad wedge, good chip - just missed the cup it was a long downhiller and it rolled just off the green somehow, chip, putt, putt, missed backhand (counted it and picked up on the lip) = 10.
After that, I played my best golf in an long time. No lost balls, no unplayables, but I had a quad on the back, 6 doubles in all, and 11 bogies. No pars. Didn't putt real well. Byt hey, this is good playing for me except for the disaster holes. ANd the disaster holes only had a total of 3 bad swings - 2 bad swings on hole 1 and 1 bad swing on the quad on the back. Everthing else was solid, smooth, and straight.
Beautiful day, too - cool and crisp. Love it like that.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Sounds like you had a good time regardless of the few bad holes. I wish I got to play a course like that. I play all crappy courses around here except for a few Chamionship courses in High School matches. Glad you had a good time though.:)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Insanely jealous of you right now. Red is an awesome course. Grats on the new best.

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
It is a super course.
Incredibly lucky, I know - to have it available to me.
Just so you can get even more insanely jealous, here's the 18th
awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_PHOTOS_golf_Red18thw.JPG

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.