• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best round yet

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I played today...........and it was the best round I've had since back in the 80's. I hit every fairway on the front 9 except one with my trusty SQ. I outdrove the 2 young guys I played with on every hole. On the fairway I missed I was in the bunker on the right edge............about 250 from the tee on a Par 5. I hit my Nickent out of the bunker to 90 yds from the green......hit a wedge to 3 feet, and putted in for birdie. I hit both greens on the Par 3s............missed the birdie putts of course..........but made one par and one bogey. I ended up with a 38 on the front. I played well on the back, but didn't hit every fairway. Shot a 40 on back for a 78. I didn't want to leave the course. Used Bridgestone 330's the whole round.:)

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
always good to hear about new low rounds, congrats

i am still in search of my first bogey free round...

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
ThatCanadianGuy posted: Nice round triple S.

I guess "you know who" is going to want a SQ;)
Thanks.............and guess what. WBL and I played this past weekend and he wants my second SQ with the V2 shaft..............for a "backup" he said. I wouldn't part with it. He knows....................kyuk, kyuk. :laugh:

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good round and great fairway bunker shot. Those are always memorable to me....

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Adam Pettman posted: Sssmokin how is it that your so sensible and WBL is a fool??? :laugh:
Well, I think it has to do with the fact that I'm 4 minutes older than WBL. He was caught in there and received all the waste materials.
Adam Pettman Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdlover
Thanks Adam!! :laugh:

Thats ok, seriously though how did it happen??? Has many years of working in the post service stop Sssmokin from hoing.
No.............I just ho' until I find something that works. Then it's: "Don't fix it if it isn't broken." The people in the PO that do the most ho'ing are the women...........hee hee. :)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Well, I think it has to do with the fact that I'm 4 minutes older than WBL. He was caught in there and received all the waste materials. This makes sense, poor WBL didnt stand a chance.

Then it's: "Don't fix it if it isn't broken." Have you ever considered/created a viable plan to tatoo this simple message on your brothers head as a way of forcing him to consider it.
:laugh::hunter:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Congrats man.

Its nice to see that you have finally overcome that stupid clown mouth hole and no longer fear the windmill LOL.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
congrats.....yea keep the other SQ. WBL dont need it..all he would do with it is hit it twice and ho it

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
LOL, I love when WBL says "its for a back up driver", this simply translates to my current driver is up shits creek.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
LOL, I love when WBL says "its for a back up driver", this simply translates to my current driver is up shits creek.
or his current driver is working fine but he never heard or has had tattoed on his own forehead (SSSmokin its for his own good) "Dont fix it if it ain't broke "

Members online