• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best shot ever...............

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
What is your best shot ever?
Or for the matter wost?

Best - Holeing out a 160 yard 8-iron on the 2nd at Hecla. Woulda been an eagle but I had to Tkae a drop so i was hitting 3. I have to aces but thay are on pitch and putt courses (70-90 yards max) so I dont count them really. his summer I also stuck a 3-iron to 3 feet for 215 or so out after duffin by drive into water in front. Took a drop then stuck my 3rd shot made my par. :)

Worst - Too many to list really.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have two aces in my life.

I also made an outstanding 5 iron approach/recovery in the last round this year to save a par in my lowest round ever.

I came one ball rotation from sinking a 240 yard 3 wood once too.

Worst shots? Where do I begin....

-I once tried to hit a 3 iron out of a high lipped bunker when I was younger. Buried the ball in the face and threw my 3 iron into a tree. Took me 45 minutes to get it out of the tree....

-first round of competitive highschool golf, took the driver out on the first hole after coming late to my tee time (another story). One warm up swing and hammered it about 240 yards straight right off the tee box. Caught it 100% flush on the toe. So embarrassing. And to make matters worse, because I was so late, I forgot to change out of my jeans before the round and got disqualified under the dress code violation. Cripes, what a day that was...

R35

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
You 3-iron story reminds me of the tie a buddy and I were playing at Quaryy Oaks, we were waiting to tee off on the 2nd and he was swinging his medicuss, i was raining a bit a i guess hie grip was wet or soemthing because the thing flew out of his hands and into the trees it took him a godo10 mins to find it, man did i laugh. It was just too funny to see his face when it happened and he was so mad.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I have had to 2 aces and eagled every par 5 on the course.

My first hole in 1 was when I was 13 I had only been playing a few months my handicap was 28 it was the 17th par3 at Bangor golf club 155 yards I hit a 6 iron nailed it took 1 bounce in the hole good thing that day I was playing with 2 men. Or people with of qustioned it I got drinks bought for me when it should of been me buying the dirnks, I got a voucher for the pr shop.

The second won was when I was playing a casual round of golf with 3 friends recently, a 180 yard 6 iron BEST SHOT ive ever hit, got 12 prov-1's for it not bad.

I have eagled every par 5 on the course, once hit a 5 wood on the 4th to 2 inches not a bad shot.

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I've hit sooo many par fives in two, but I can never make the eagle putt, I've done it once, though I'm long enough to hit most par fives around the courses I play everytime assuming a find the fariway off the tee.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
MAHALLEDAY said:
You 3-iron story reminds me of the tie a buddy and I were playing at Quaryy Oaks, we were waiting to tee off on the 2nd and he was swinging his medicuss, i was raining a bit a i guess hie grip was wet or soemthing because the thing flew out of his hands and into the trees it took him a godo10 mins to find it, man did i laugh. It was just too funny to see his face when it happened and he was so mad.

Ha! Good story.

I have a friend that had the head of his brand new driver explode on the tee, first ball he ever hit with it. It was fantastically funny.

I also saw a guy rage at the course when the shirt he was wearing had an embroidered figure on the front over his left nipple. It was rubbing so bad that it started to bleed. He took the shirt off and slammed it into the garbage can. I explained later to the marshall that everything was cool.... :D

R35

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
That's funny about the nipple.

I have had the shaft in my driver break twice while teeing off not so funny. But an explodeing head? That I'd like to see.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've never seen a shaft on a driver break in all my rounds.

Sling has posted some pics of his mighty Dunlop that has done him in a couple of times.

I can't imagine that feeling of going from weight to nothing. I've swung a shaft on it's own, it feels like nothing is there.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I wish I had some good great shot stories. My best this year was winning closest to the pin in our annual tourney. I think it was about 2' on a short par 3.

I do have an embarassing best hole story. Living it wasn't enough, our club manager put it in the newsletter as well.

Question? How do you hit the ball only twice, never putt and make par on a par three, (192 yds.)

Answer? Lose total concentration on your tee shot and whiff it. Regain enough composure to hit a solid second shot that lands about three feet off the green. Chip in for par.

I hadn't just missed a ball in years and still have no idea why it happened. :eek:

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Thats pretty funny DaveE almost like flying a ball in the water then holeing it your next shot for par.

Rock, its a weird feeling liek the whoel club collapses on you.....not cool at all.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
MAHALLEDAY said:
Thats pretty funny DaveE almost like flying a ball in the water then holeing it your next shot for par.

Something like that almost happend last week. I hit my tee shot far enough left that I thought it might be OB. My provisional ends up about two feet from hole for an easy 4.

At this point I'm almost hoping for the OB cause where my ball could have ended up can be brutal. Turned out my original shot was in and not too bad. Ended up with a 4 anyway though. :(

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I caught it each time I broke a shaft before it went airborn. The first one I noticed many spider cracks moving up the shaft from the ferrule and the second one was at the range, I happened to notice the head was funky and I twisted it off with no effort.

My best shot?
The one I remember was the most recent.
303 yard par 4 with a moderate dog leg,left.
I hit the tee shot with the most beautiful little draw, the ball disappeared around the corner and was found on the green about 20 feet above the pin, 2 putt for a bird. :)

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Nice Sling. I know a gy who has 3 aces on par fours but none non par threes the course he works at has ashort downhill par four first. I also once broke a shaft on a R540 while demoing it. I thought they were gonna charge me for it but the kid inside said no worries he did they same thing eariler that day. I was lucky I thought.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
worst-warming up for a round on the practice range and slipping on a patch of ice on my downswing, leading to a nice whiff. Though there are some comparable ones, especially during my episode of the shanks

best-i had a couple nice shots, the drive on the par four that gave me a 5 foot putt for eagle(i made it:wow:), a punched 4 iron that rolled over the edge of the hole from the woods 160 yds away, the punched 7 iron that lipped out when i was with a girl i was trying to impress, i had a lot of nice shots, or the chip-in to tie a hole when i was off the green in the same number of strokes my opponent took to get 6 inches away(i put it away on the next hole and lost in the semis)

I try to remember the good ones:cool: Neal

Oh: happy birthday master, u better remember mine

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
nsherman2006 said:
... the punched 7 iron that lipped out when i was with a girl i was trying to impress...

So... hmmm.. what happened to the girl ? :D

🔥 Latest posts