• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Shot in Golf

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I took my 4 year old to the course Saturday. We knew the course was closed, but we didn't care, we just wanted to walk a couple holes. I hit my drive to about 75 yards out on the 1st hole. When we got to my drive, I dropped 5 more balls to hit into the green, 3 for me and 3 for him. He hit his 1st 2 balls and came up short of the green. Then on the 3rd one, he came out of his shoes and caught it perfect. We started yelling at the ball to "go", hoping it would make it to the green. It did, and was tracking for the hole. Then disappeared into the hole! I looked over at my son and the look on his face was priceless. We both went nuts, it was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. I told my son he had just hit the best shot in golf. He had holed out with a driver, off of a tight lie, without a tee. I still can't believe he did it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Those moments are the best most priceless. A bad day spent with my daughter is better than the best day at work or just about anyplace else on earth!

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
You said it man. Your kids are the best thing that will ever happen to you.

Saturday was a day that neither one of us will ever forget. It was pretty awesome.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That is awesome, I can't wait till my grandson can actually get out on the course with me and play golf, not just go to the practice green and hit a few balls. And even just doing that is a blast, especially when he sinks a putt and gets all excited. I can just imagine both you and your sons excitement. !!!!!!!!!

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
I took my 4 year old to the course Saturday. We knew the course was closed, but we didn't care, we just wanted to walk a couple holes. I hit my drive to about 75 yards out on the 1st hole. When we got to my drive, I dropped 5 more balls to hit into the green, 3 for me and 3 for him. He hit his 1st 2 balls and came up short of the green. Then on the 3rd one, he came out of his shoes and caught it perfect. We started yelling at the ball to "go", hoping it would make it to the green. It did, and was tracking for the hole. Then disappeared into the hole! I looked over at my son and the look on his face was priceless. We both went nuts, it was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. I told my son he had just hit the best shot in golf. He had holed out with a driver, off of a tight lie, without a tee. I still can't believe he did it.

My four year old grandson loves any sport with a ball.
I got him out in the back yard last fall with a club and some practice balls and he refused to even try to hold the club right at that point. He was holding it like an ax and just wailing the hell out of the ground around the ball.
I finally got him to hold it more like a golf club and swing it and that one time he actually did it pretty good. Course, he preferred the axe and just started hacking again.
Im going to get him a jr set of clubs this spring and take him somewhere we can hit some balls for a few hours (not a range yet).

The one time I took him to Dicks he played around with a putter on their fake green and actually got 2 putts from 6 feet or so. Complete accident, of course, but he was pretty happy with himself.
I cant wait until he has the patience to try to learn to do it right.

🔥 Latest posts