• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Shot??

Brandon 241

Super Low
Apr 22, 2005
Tell or describe your all time best shot ever hit during a round. Hole in One from 180 would be mine I gaged on my on spit it was amazing. Come on I know there are some better ones than mine.

JuniorGolf

Little Leprachaun
Apr 26, 2005
I was playing down the 14th, long par 4 and nailed a 5 iron landed on the flag and dropped in. I couldn't speak for the next hour was so amazed!

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Well it wasn't my best shot but most memorable. I was about 14 or 15 and I was about 150yrds away for my third shot of a par 5. I hit a 7 iron and the ball did not leave the ground and it rolled all the way to the green, hit the flag and dropped...it was my 1st EAGLE!!!

I was jumping up and down and my dad just looked and me and shook his head because he couldn't belive my first eagle was that damn ugly:(

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've had two aces in my life, but I have one better.

Longish par 5, sorta snubbed my drive, didn't quite get it on the screws. Sitting at about 235 out, hit a high drawing 3 wood over a bluff to the green. After walking to the green, the ball sat about two revolutions from dunking in two. The ball mark was about 10 inches from the ball.

Best executed and resulted shot ever for me.

I also hit a great 5 iron from a garbage lie last fall to save a 63. That was pretty tight too.

R35

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
my most memorable shot was on a shortish par 5. 170 out and hit a 7-iron sky high at the pin. the ball landed directly in the hole and smashed the cup apart. i thought i had holed it out but when i reached the green i had discovered the ball had shot back out and was about 30 ft away. i missed my eagle putt but did tap in for birdie.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I made an ace a few years ago with a 9 iron, but I wouldn't call it my best shot either. I was once "laying-up" on a par 5 with a 3 iron with the group in front of me on the green. The ground was hard (I landed it at least 30 yards short of the green) and the ball rolled up and hit the cup... oops!

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Man if I had a nickel for everytime I've accidently hit into the group ahead of me because I didn't think I could get there...I'd have a lot of nickels.

When me and my friend were probably 15 or so we were very impatient and there was a group of old men ahead of us, and they were looking in the water hazard on the 9th hole for balls for about 20 minutes and they knew we were right behind them:mad: So we ended up just hitting the ball over there heads and on to the green...oops!! Well lets just say we got an ass chewing from the manager, but it was well worth it.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
3 wood in a howling gale on a par three.I started it 4o yards right and watched the wind bring it in straight into the hole with no bounce

nice;)

JuniorGolf

Little Leprachaun
Apr 26, 2005
sounds nice but very hard to believe a 3 woods at full swing dropped straight into the hole with the flag in? Are you sure that happened in real life on a golf course? ;)

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
Mine was my first hole in one about five years ago at Eaglewood in Bountiful, Utah on the eighth hole. I was playing the back tees which is a highly elevated tee to say the least. The flag was near the back/left at the bottom of a big slope. I hit about 10 feet in front of (and above) the flag on this slope. It sat down quickly, then trickled into the hole. The shot took several seconds. I rarely held my finish at that time, but I knew I hit it well and I held the finish until it went in.

Being able to clearly see your first hole in one and having it on such a great hole is a beautiful thing. It's even better when other people watch the whole thing.

I was playing with a foursome, so I had that "going for me, which is nice". One of the guys said "I've always wondered what your balls feel like after making a hole in one.". I just said "Light.".

We all got our names in the paper, too.

I had another hole in one a few years ago during an annual company tournament (first for me). We were playing the white tees and I just hit a PW. We couldn't see the bottom of the flag. I knew it was close and thought my ball was the one a few feet from the hole. I was surprised when it wasn't mine. I looked around then looked in the hole and said "I found it.". It was during a four man scramble. We tied for second and there was a blind draw. We picked our hole in one hole (18 to 1 odds). The other team didn't need to draw hehe.

Another shot that comes to mind is a long putt last season during the first round of a league. It was on the fastest and most sloped green on the course. I hit it exactly where and the speed I wanted which was about 20 feet of break. I had to just barely get the ball to the top of a big slope and have it trickle down to the hole. I did and it ended up going in the center of the cup with perfect speed. Got par and won nothing ;-).

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Playing a really heated match play with some people, really tight game whole round, we come to 18 all square, 18 is a par 4 and we are playing a 2v2 scramble, we take my drive and with the chosen second shot we are on a ridge way above the hole, hole only 5 paces from the near edge green sloping away from me. my partner hits his rolls down the green and is about 20 ft left for par, the other team hit the green and have putted to about a foot, i execute a perfect lob hits the front edge and stops dead, then trickles down for what seemed an hour and drops in the hole, not worth much but prolly my best, very clutch, won dinner

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
rockford35 said:
I also hit a great 5 iron from a garbage lie last fall to save a 63. That was pretty tight too.

R35

Just letting you know I am officialy disgusted with how much better you are then everyone else, officialy. :p.

Good Stuff.

I have two, aces, and I hole sut form 165 for eagle a couple years ago, that was a sweet 8-iron.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Par five, I pulled my drive a little so my second shot ha to go around some trees and 225 out. I hit a great 3 wood and yelled at my partners "thats on the green" after a second they yelled back, no, it's in the hole! I didn't see it go in but a great shot anyway.

🔥 Latest posts