• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best stand bag

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Ok - I know you prefer drooling over drivers, irons and putters but I need a decent stand bag for the winter in the UK. In February I had a most unamusing time lugging my cart bag round as it was too wet for trollies (carts).

I have a bit of a back problem so I want something that is nice and light but still has room for a full set of clubs, waterproofs etc.

From my own searching I quite fancy either of these:

Titleist X66 - GB£ 70.00
Mizuno Aerolite GB£ 60.00

Anyone have either of these?

If you could suggest any others - I guess some of you will have a carry bag - maybe you have one that you like that I may not have heard of?

Thanks in advance.

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks Rock - even a special compartment for the old frying pan.....

Looks like the Rolls-Royce of stand bags that you can actually carry round without the aid of two sherpas.

Thanks for the pointer.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I think you will find any of the OGIO's to be great quality, I have one of the original woode's which compares to the Grom, which I have used for several hundred rounds mainly walking with it on my back. I also picked up a Vaporlite for my wife for traveling. It is even lighter than the ozone at only 3.9 lbs, but still has the full length seperators. You just give up some space. I found it a few months ago for $79 USD.

edit 1 - FYI, if you use it on either a cart or trolley, don't tighten it down extremely tight. I use midsized grips, and if I tighten it to tight it makes it a little harder to get the clubs out of the woode slots.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have an Ogio AMP cart bag and I get all sorts of questions about it. It's really unique, doesn't look like anything else out there. Plus, it has all sorts of nooks and crannies to put all my crap in.

That Ogio I pointed out earlier is just their best seller. Any of the Ogio's are gonna be a great buy.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks for all suggestions - like the Ogio range I have to say - this model is lighter than the "cat's ass" so I may go for it - bit cheaper too.

http://www.golfonline.co.uk/ogio-ozone-8way-deluxe-stand-p-1618.html

A couple of features fewer but still looks a nice bag.
Exact model and color I am looking at for next year. My Mizuno has been decent but is really starting to fall apart. Unless Taylormade comes out with something that knocks my socks off, I'm going with that Ogio in red or charcoal.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I find the Ogio bags too big and heavy. Maybe I'm getting old, but my Mizuno and Sun Mountain bags seemed lighter than the Ogio

I might actually go for a Sunday bag for next season.

http://www.titleist.com/accessories/carry_bags/details.asp?guid={2B6F0EB2-A847-4B00-93BB-88A989663A8D}

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Maybe I'm getting old, but my Mizuno and Sun Mountain bags seemed lighter than the Ogio
I have always found the Sun Mountains to be lighter, and was my first stand bag (an older model called the Glacier). Although at 3.9 lbs, the Vaporlite is a nice choice if you want light weight. I did get a couple good years use out of the Glacier prior to the zipper on the big pocket giving out. I also had problems with the pins that held the legs on, and had to rig new ones on after about 100 rounds.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
My Ogio Grom II has a cool feature if you sometimes ride. It has a rubber strap that goes around the basket on the back of the cart. Holds the bag straight. Oh, btw, I vote Ogio, too.

Members online

No members online now.