• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Steel shaft to get??

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
I just got a Aldila NV 65 shaft for my Driver and I love it. That got me thinking I really need something different for my Hawkeye 3-wood. It just has a stock graphite shaft on it right now and it is way to whippy.

I was looking at getting a Dynamic Golf Lite steel shaft, so I was wondering what the Shot Talk faithful had to say....any recommendations??

Thanks,
Rosmo

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Shafts are so hard to recommend. They work so differently with everyone's games.

Your best bet is to go hit some fairways with steel in them, see how they feel. Don't worry so much about distance and control, just how they feel on solid shots and poor ones. The VFT will feel much different, but the shaft will react relatively the same.

I have a stock OEM Uniflex in the 7 wood, I couldn't tell you the difference between it and my DG's, it's that good....

R35

OP
Rosmo

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Yeah Rock you make a very good point about them being different for everyone...I think I just put caution to the wind and get it and if it doesn't work then I'll go with something different. They guy at the pro shop is a good friends and installs them for free and the shafts are cheap so its not a huge deal.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
See, that's a sweet setup.

Go buy 5 shafts and try them all. The bitch is finding hosel adapters for the VFT, but they're like 85 cents at Golfsmith. Get 5 of those and pick the shaft that works the best for you.

Try the DG, DG Sensicore, Royal Precision Rifles, maybe a TT Lite and something else off the beaten path.

Then, hit the bahjesus out of it and pick the one that rocks your world.

Let me know. I'm curious to see how the experiment goes.

R35

OP
Rosmo

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Yeah I well definatley do that and let you know. Speaking of a bitch to find, the guy who installed the Aldila shaft in my 975 J had a hell of a time finding the right plug for it, he talked to several companies who all had them on back order. Finally he talked to one of his buddies who happend to have some just lying around.

🔥 Latest posts