• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Winter Ball

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
as my winter leagues is approaching, the polar bear league as it is called, i was wondering what is the best ball or balls to use during those cold winter months??

last year i used prov 1's and noticed a huge distance loss.

it gets pretty cold in washington dc during the winter...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I would suggest a nice bright pink ladies ball. Low compression and a bright color for the occasional snow bank. Low compression balls will normally go farther than high compression balls in cold weather.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I play my supply of HVC soft-feels. I still lose the distance but they at least have a shot at stopping. I would imagine if you try to go too much in the way of a distance ball you'll never get an approach shot to stop.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I play my supply of HVC soft-feels. I still lose the distance but they at least have a shot at stopping. I would imagine if you try to go too much in the way of a distance ball you'll never get an approach shot to stop.

i couldnt get it to stop with a prov 1 last year either, the greens are like cement.

i might try my hand at some prov 1's for one match, and if i lose too much distance, they will get put away and they will get replaced with a low compression ball like pinnacle.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
i couldnt get it to stop with a prov 1 last year either, the greens are like cement.

i might try my hand at some prov 1's for one match, and if i lose too much distance, they will get put away and they will get replaced with a low compression ball like pinnacle.

The Ycutter would stop it on a dime.... in the parking lot even.

icon10.gif
I just can't help myself.....

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I bought a dozen Pinnacle Exceptions for cheap last winter, and they were brilliant. No loss of distance, decent/good control round the greens. I've ordered a dozen noodles to try out, but I dunno how they're gonna be now.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I generally play with a softer ball. I lose distance, but in comparison it's all about the same.

I like the Bridgestones in the winter. Or any Tour ball.

🔥 Latest posts