• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bethpage State Park

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
The golfing MECCA in Farmingdale, Long Island, New York
Black #1;
Blue #1 at twilight;
Red #1 misty morning;
Yellow#14
Bethpage deserves its reputation. 5 courses, and every hole on each of the 5 courses has character and definition. Every hole is memorable.
$35 for NYS residents - $40 with a reservation.
The Black and Red are $5 more.
Biggest bargain in golf there is.
Black1.jpg
Blue1.jpg
Red1.jpg
Yellow14.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
would LOVE to drive down there and play!!!

Is it open in November?

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
would LOVE to drive down there and play!!!

Is it open in November?
I believe so - depends on conditions.
If there is foul weather they will close the courses.
Otherwise - they should be open.
I'll ask tomorrow - I have a tee time for the Blue.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
VERY nice looking course. Have fun golfing on it. Tell us how you played afterwards.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I have a buddy from NY with a couple phony ID's. Anybody wanna take a month long hiatas from life and live at Bethpage with me?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Im down for that crossfire!:laugh:

I guaranteed will play there within this year of being here in PA, its only 5 hr drive from me, well worth it. Im guna try and get out there and play the black (from the tips of course), and the red. Either in one day, or sleep in my backseat, one or the other:D.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Im down for that crossfire!:laugh:

I guaranteed will play there within this year of being here in PA, its only 5 hr drive from me, well worth it. Im guna try and get out there and play the black (from the tips of course), and the red. Either in one day, or sleep in my backseat, one or the other:D.

Twofast and I will meet you there. I'm dead serious on this one. I want to play the blacks before the 2009 US Open. It must be done.
icon10.gif

Thanks for the awesome pics Libre!!

PS - I'm carving a 275 fade on #1 Piper, hope you can hang, lol. I have the '02 Open program book with all the holes laid out and "how to play" them from area low and scratch golfers. #1 is 430, Driver- 8iron.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Looks like a nice course.
Are all the fairways as wide as those pictured? Not use to seeing that much space as most of the courses around here are heavily wooded & tight.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Twofast and I will meet you there. I'm dead serious on this one. I want to play the blacks before the 2009 US Open. It must be done.
icon10.gif

Thanks for the awesome pics Libre!!

PS - I'm carving a 275 fade on #1 Piper, hope you can hang, lol. I have the '02 Open program book with all the holes laid out and "how to play" them from area low and scratch golfers. #1 is 430, Driver- 8iron.

Don't worry Ez, I have complete confidence with your irons and the length of your swing you'll probly out club/out drive me a few times, but ill kill you on a)fws hit, b)GIR, c)putts, d)birdies, e)up and downs, f)total accumulative score, g) "no no, im sure you got a double there Ez, 1, 2....":laugh:

It'll be sweet, can you bring me a fake ID, or just bring the booze out to the parking lot for me;)

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Looks like a nice course.
Are all the fairways as wide as those pictured? Not use to seeing that much space as most of the courses around here are heavily wooded & tight.
Most of the fairways are wide enough to be fairly forgiving. What you don't see is the fact that on some of the holes - especially on the Black course, the rough is nightmarish. Plenty of trees all over on all courses, - but spaced out enough that you'll seldom be in underbrush - you can usually find your ball and play out of the trees laterally at worst.
The whole layout at Bethpage is magnificent. I love it, on a golf course, when the hole you're playing is the only hole you can see. I mean, you can catch glimpses of adjacent holes here and there, but by and large, you can stay focused in on YOUR hole. Many of the other courses in urban areas don't have that luxury - you're always seeing other fairways - as well as roads, houses, etc. Not so at Bethpage. Every hole has ample space, and seems like it's existed for all time - not just plopped down and squeezed in.
And, although the fairways are fairly wide, some of the holes are lONG. The 1st hole on the red for instance - you can see it above - plays like a par 5 although it's a 4. To hit to where the people are standing in the fairway takes a monster drive - and a monster 2nd to get to that elevated green. It's at least 470.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I'll be home in april, no joke piper, i'lll come get you and we'll meet ez and 2fast there. team match play, no strokes from the tips :). No worries about the booze, we'll have ez buy it, hes like 40 and still a kid.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Alright crossfire, im holdin you to that man!

Ez, twofast, you guys down for that? We'll give you a few strokes.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Lol it looks to me like Ez and 2fast are getting ready to get their asses kicked.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.