• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beware the injured golfer!

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
Lately, I have been really duffing it around the course and have been stuggling with an injury to my left wrist.
The injury was diagnosed as Tenosynovitis (inflammation of the thumb tendons in the wrist area). I am managing it with Ibuprofen for the pain and inflammation as taking weeks off doesn't seem to help it any.

Anyway, I finish a night shift this morning and head to my home course for a regular fourball.
It is 07:30 and the last of the morning mist is lifting off the course, so I pop a couple of Nurofen Plus and hit some warmups and chips to get ready.
On the first tee the mist is giving way to a glorious sunny morn, birds chirping, great.

I am not expecting any sort of good golf to emerge and as such am bewildered when, after 6 whirlwind holes, I am -1 and cruising.
At this point my stupid brain started "thinking" and I finished out the front double, bogey, par.
Still +2 for the front is way better than anything I have shot for lets say a while!

Started feeling tired on the back and the wrist started giving me a bit of trouble, but I still really enjoyed the whole round.
The back was punctuated by the smell of freshly mown grass (greens keepers were out in force) and a lovely mid-morning breeze keeping us cool.
I hit enough solid shots on the back to get it done at +3 for a +5 round, taking the money for a change.

I know this is not great golf by any means, but it was great for me and made better by the lovely course conditions and great company.
I swung the club well within my limits, shallowed it out at the bottom so as to protect the wrist a bit better and avoid digging too much.
As such I was left with some longer shots into greens than I am used to, but that was ok because, for once, I was in play more than not.
It was a lovely morning to beat a ball round a field!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Your post made my head hurt after the third line, so I gave up.

But good luck or so sorry your rd went that way...depending on what was actually typed.:p

OP
W

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
Your post made my head hurt after the third line, so I gave up.

But good luck or so sorry your rd went that way...depending on what was actually typed.:p
Bad wrist
Played good
Won Money
Weather nice
Better?:laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
When they screwed with your ticker did you get a lobotomy done as well?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Congrats on the great round Welsh !

And double spacing between the paragraphs does make it easier to read, :thumbs up:

OP
W

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
Congrats on the great round Welsh !

And double spacing between the paragraphs does make it easier to read, :thumbs up:
Thanks, fixed the spacing.
I fully expect normality to kick in with the next round but you never know.
The biggest problem I get at the moment is if I am in the cabbage lies. I am scared to hit the thing with any venom because I know it will hurt like hell.
So, instead of advancing the thing 100-150 up the fairway, its and half-chop out and very long approach.

OP
W

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
What do you know, took the money again this morning! Apart from a couple of blow-up holes, hit a lot of solid shots.

+7 on the day. The irons are 10 yards shorter and the driver is 15-20 shorter, scores are around 10 better than of late! This game is stoopid sometimes.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.