• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Big Break question

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
All I know is I would not want to be DD child's Little League coach. I do not think he could contain himself.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well I am a DD fan and was cheering for him but he proved last night what an idiot he can be.

It wasnt just one dumb move it was a series of terrible decision after terrible decision that got him kicked.
lets recap shall we

- puts chip inside 4 feet he is immune, instead he hammers it.
- doesnt cash in dicks voucher which is crazy because he could still have one it on the next show.
- with the nerves he would have been feeling the putting contest was no chance for him
- the waste bunker bump and run, ugggggh
- the 213 yard into the wind 3 iron he tried to hit and came up 30 yards short of the pin
- the putt from way off the green, again uggggggggh

IMO the only guy sitting at home watching who would have loved this display of mental break down would have been Phil Mickelson.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I have to say I felt really sorry for him last night as it must have felt so bad having that day's challenges turn into him taking on a team of players, rather than taking them on as individuals. No matter what an idiot he may have been on the earlier shows, his reaction to winning that car was genuinely touching. I wonder how much the emotion of that really took him out for the immunity challenege at the end.

He showed with his misreading of the points system for the game that he's not the best as processing situations, and boy did that come back and bit him with his strategy in the elimination challenge. Of everything he did that was questionable in this episode, I can't imagine what state of mind you'd have to be in to chip out of that waste bunker to leave yourself an equally difficult shot up onto the green. How do you not just try and get it up onto the green for two putts given that scenario?

Having watched last night you also realise that the only person who stands a chance if they get to play a tour event is Tommy. Those tee shots by Ashley on the par 3 were disasters, Mike was struggling by the 3rd hole again, and Dave yet again did well to get out of the game before he had to play any shots over 100yds.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
DD is a poster child for why some folks need to visit the sports psychologists. That Par 3 shoot out was his for the taking. Neither Mike or Ashley put any kind of pressure on him and he just let his thoughts get in the way. Talent wise, he is definitely in the top two on the show (Tommy is the other one if your wondering), but his downfalls seem to come when he puts too much pressure on himself which ruins his game. I thought it was a smart move to hold on to the $5k as I thought for sure he would have at least beat one of the 3 remaining players throught the two challenges. Nope. Head got in the way.

He could be really dangerous on a golf course if he could channel some postive energy and avoid his self imposed pressures. At least he will not go away empty handed as he drives home in his new Dodge.

If they go match play the rest of the way, I think Tommy will come out on top. The other 3 all have good games, but I think that Tommy has the most complete game of the final four. A good challenge would be to let Tommy face off against the other 3 players. Ashley off the tee, Mike hitting iron shots, and Dave's short game would make up one awesome player and a good challange for Tommy. The only way Tommy loses now is if he starts thinking about Bri rather than his game of golf.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
with tommy safe I thought it was a smart move to keep the money and play...DD beats those two 8 outta 10 times....this just wasn't one of those times. He played defensive instead of offensive and it cost him. I really want this to come down to DD and Two-Gloves that would have been a great finish. It has become tommies to lose.

I hope Tommy makes the weekend this week.....I will be at the Wachovia sunday and would like to see him play some.

Jason

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I agree with Tim. DD let his head get in the way last night not just once but many times. I'd have held onto the money liking my odds, but if he makes a better decision just once, we're likely talking about how lucky he was to scrape by based on his bad decision-making rather than how it cost him the game.

🔥 Latest posts