• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Big Day tomorrow...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So tomorrow my wife flies out of Hartford, CT to Wisconsin for her job interview. Its a big step for us and she is pretty nervous. We have both lived in VT for most of our lives and the thought of moving halfway across the country is exciting and scary at the same time.

It seems like it would be a good move though, from everything I have read the area (Waukesha sp??) is really nice and the cost of living is a little lower than here. Houses cost about the same but there you can get more house for your $$. Job market for me looks pretty good to as I am in sales. Theres always a sales job somewhere...

I posted a few weeks ago about WI and got some great responses, mainly that there are some really good golf courses out there
icon10.gif
. We are both sitting on pins and neeedles though wondering if their offer will be enough to get us out there, we shall see
icon6.gif

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Good luck & hope it all works out for you 2.
3 years ago my company announced they were closin the doors & moving the equipment to other plants. They also were working a merger out with another company & a few of us had the opportunity to move to this merger site. I have lived in Kenosha Wi my entire life & the idea of moving really had me torn. Took me about 2 months to make a decision & moving was definitely the right thing to do. I look back now & can't believe I even debated with myself on the subject.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Good luck & hope it all works out for you 2.
3 years ago my company announced they were closin the doors & moving the equipment to other plants. They also were working a merger out with another company & a few of us had the opportunity to move to this merger site. I have lived in Kenosha Wi my entire life & the idea of moving really had me torn. Took me about 2 months to make a decision & moving was definitely the right thing to do. I look back now & can't believe I even debated with myself on the subject.

The hardest part about the whole thing is that we just had our first child. A little girl, 8 months old now, and we both want her to grow up close to her Grandparents. That being said, we would both have better oppurtunity in another state, financially, so it could end up being a no brainer...

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Best of Luck. Are the grandparents computer literate. Both our children are away at college. Internet sure helps. BTW you did fine with Waukesha. Try out Chequamegon state forest. I don't even try to pronounce it. Just point at map and say THERE.

Again good luck

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Best of Luck. Are the grandparents computer literate. Both our children are away at college. Internet sure helps. BTW you did fine with Waukesha. Try out Chequamegon state forest. I don't even try to pronounce it. Just point at map and say THERE.

Again good luck

LOL...thanks!!

She left this morning at about 4:30 AM I am here with the little one about to get her ready to go to day care. I am real curious to see what they offer, everything I have heard about Wisconsin is really good...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Waukesha? A good suburb! You'll be about 30 miles away from me in Racine. And near a B & G sports (golf) store on one side of the road and a Golf Galaxy on the other side. Where I buy most of my clubs. :) (And northern Wisconsin is absolutely God's country!) :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
You are forgetting he's from VT. It just doesn't get any better than this.... :)

After spending a wonderful summer there, VT would get my vote too....Burlington is so beautiful. The Adirondacks backing the lake...the Green Mountains.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo - what's stopping you from moving back up this way??

Jim's got a house for sale :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
After spending a wonderful summer there, VT would get my vote too....Burlington is so beautiful. The Adirondacks backing the lake...the Green Mountains.

I grew up in Wisconsin, and spent much time in the northern part. It's really nice, but Vermont's got it beat, hand's down, for beautiful country.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Waukesha is a nice 'burb. Vermont is one of my favorite states. Wisconsin will be a little bit cheaper cost of living. Vermont is a little more picturesque. If you're a snow skier, you will be highly disapointed in the Midwest. You will make up for that disapointment with lower green fees, however.

You can not lose either way, both are nice places to live.

🔥 Latest posts