• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Big week this week!

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
So far my team has done incredible. We are considered the team to beat by almost every school in the state(but one). Every tournament(but one) we have been to we have won. We won our conference by 93 strokes! Last week we played a small match where they handed out medals for the top 4 spots. There were only 4 schools there, but guess who got all four medals? Our team. We took every medal, quite hilarious.

But it all comes down to this week, state tournament. There is one team(our rival) who we lost to by only 13 strokes in their tournament this year. We must win.

Wish me/us luck!

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Thanks!

It's a 36 hole tournament with an 18 hole practice round the day before, so i should be able to get a nice feel for the course.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Thanks!

It's a 36 hole tournament with an 18 hole practice round the day before, so i should be able to get a nice feel for the course.

wow, they let you have a practice round?? when i was in HS(a couple years ago) they made us go out and play the course, sometimes for the first time... and most of the courses were private, so you couldnt go play the week before or anything..

i remember one course, bretton woods... they used that course for the world bank members... anyways, i stepped up to the first tee, having never seen the course before.. there was blind trouble to the right, and with my hook, i ended up walking back to the tee and hitting 3, in front of everyone on the team...:(

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Don't be quite so arrogant.

It doesn't matter whether you are good. It doesn't matter whether you are the pick to win. It doesn't matter how you've done previously.

What matters is each, individual shot. If you start believing that you are a better golfer and deserve, or should, win above anyone else, when you hit a bad shot, and you will, it will tear you apart.

That said, goodluck, and have fun.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Don't be quite so arrogant.

It doesn't matter whether you are good. It doesn't matter whether you are the pick to win. It doesn't matter how you've done previously.

What matters is each, individual shot. If you start believing that you are a better golfer and deserve, or should, win above anyone else, when you hit a bad shot, and you will, it will tear you apart.

That said, goodluck, and have fun.

well said jeff..

i used to be and sometimes still am arrogant... for example, i was playing the local hackers course, and i nearly drove the short par 4, and the group in front of us, who looked like they werent breaking 100 on this par 68, almost picked up my ball... when i got to my ball, i went over and thanked the guy for not picking it up, as so many golfers on that course will.. the guy said, wow, was that your drive?? and i casually went yeah, and stated boldly that i miss hit it, i wish i was on the green....

well i look back on that statement, and i wish i hadnt of said that.. it was actually very condescending and quite rude imo..

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Good advice Jeff. I suppose i did come across as a bit arrogent:)

That's not really the case, as we aren't really expected to win though, the other team is. We will have to work hard to beat them!

The truth is, most of their team can beat me, i just have to do my part and stay consistent so out team score turns out good.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Exactly, :D

Just keep a good attitude and, no matter how hard it may seem, good bad or indifferent, leave every shot behind. Total focus on the next one.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Exactly, :D

Just keep a good attitude and, no matter how hard it may seem, good bad or indifferent, leave every shot behind. Total focus on the next one.

This is great advice that applies to many aspects of life, including golf. I am always trying to get better here.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Well we got our 2 rounds in despite it pouring on us all day the first day. It was crazy there was water all over the fairways and drives would just plug right in. Our team played amazing and we were up one stroke at the end of the first day.

The second day went even better, all four of us were in the 70's and 80's and the other team(that was supposed to win) fell apart and we won the state championship by 23 strokes!!!

The highlight of my weekend was my first ever, don't ask me how the heck i did it, 300 yard drive. The previous day i hit a 280 yarder on the same hole, but this day, from the blue tees the hole was 312 yards. It was a downhill fairway but then back up to the green. I had some wind with me so i decided just to go all out and go for it. I connected so perfectly that i hardly even felt the ball hit. It's like the energy just transferred up the shaft and through my entire body. It landed 10 feet in front of the green! The others in my group were stunned!

Also out of about 40 golfers, our team got 4 of the top 10 individual medals. Our number one got second, 2 got fourth, my buddy and I took 7th and 8th.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
nice work jds!! its nice feeling knowing that you gave your best effort, and came out on top, no matter what tourney it is...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Good job!

Glad to hear your team held it together through the elements and did well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.