• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Billy Horschel Wins Battle of New Orleans

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a3.bp.blogspot.com__yjRP1HiJkV0_UX6JoBLUEkI_AAAAAAAAGAQ_sLdTSnDVjNI_s1600_BillyHorschel.jpg
Billy Horschel​
BILLY HORSCHEL CLAIMED HIS FIRST PGA Tour victory on Sunday at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. Horschel, who has come close this season, broke through by firing a final-round 64, which tied the course record. It included a clutch 27-foot birdie putt at the 72nd hole to beat D.A. Points by a stroke. Kyle Stanley finished solo third.

"I read it right away," Horschel said. "I knew exactly the break on it and everything. ... And I was like, if it's my time, this putt needs to go in."

Horschel posted rounds of 67-71-66-64 for a 20-under total of 268. He played the last 45 holes in 18-under par, including six consecutive birdies in the fourth round.

"This is something that I've wanted since I've turned pro," Horschel said, "and I've always felt I was good enough to win out here. I just felt I had to check every box. Some guys get out here and win right away and then they struggle. Other guys it takes longer for them to get to that process.

"You know, I've had some injuries that hurt me and some other stuff and then I had to deal with my emotions a little bit better, but to finally get the first victory means a lot to me. There are a lot of people ... ever since I started playing golf from a little kid until now there's always been someone who has helped me in some way, whether it be big or small. They mean a lot to me. This win is for them too as well as for myself."

As PGATour.com reported, Horschel was ready to win. The 26-year-old Floridian has made 22 consecutive cuts and finished in the top 10 in his last three tournaments, including a T2 at the Shell Houston Open.

Now Horschel can exhale and let the career milestone sink in. His next start will be the The Players Championship in two weeks.

afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: Billy Horschel Wins Battle of New Orleans

🔥 Latest posts