• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bit of Advice?

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
In my 20 years of golf I've bought 2 64 degree wedges and one 60 degree and finally decided that I don't need anything other than my Mizuno PW and SW that came with my set. I play to a decent standard and have no need for 4 wedges because I'm just not good enough to get the most out of them. Don't get suckered in to buying them just because everyone else has them, you might be better off having more woods in your bag or hybrids.

I reckon a lot of people shove 3/4 wedges in their bags because the pro's do. Think about what you need most. I don't see what is wrong with opening/closing the faces of your present wedges as I do, they are perfectly vapable of playing a variety of shots. Good luck anyway.

now - i disagree with that.

IMO it's EASIER to play with 4 wedges for two main reasons:
1. It's easier to hit 4 standard full shots to achieve 4 different yardages (i.e. 75 with lob, 90 with SW, 105 with GW, 120 with PW)
2. Far more shots are played within 120 yards in a round of golf, whereas you might only hit your rescue club once or twice the whole round

I know it's certainly possible to hit anywhere from 0 to 120 yards with a PW, but - its easier to hit a full lob wedge 75 yards than it is to hit a 62.5% PW

just my opinion.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
i've got a set of Pearl CG10s that i'd be willing to part with - if your deal fall through - they are used - except the 60 which is brand new.

What's your price? I'm interested...maybe.
What lie / red dot are they?

Your'e a UK dude, right?

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
now - i disagree with that.

IMO it's EASIER to play with 4 wedges for two main reasons:
1. It's easier to hit 4 standard full shots to achieve 4 different yardages (i.e. 75 with lob, 90 with SW, 105 with GW, 120 with PW)
2. Far more shots are played within 120 yards in a round of golf, whereas you might only hit your rescue club once or twice the whole round

I know it's certainly possible to hit anywhere from 0 to 120 yards with a PW, but - its easier to hit a full lob wedge 75 yards than it is to hit a 62.5% PW

just my opinion.

How do you develop "feel" if you have to land perfectly on a particular clubs yardage so you can hit it full?

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
How do you develop "feel" if you have to land perfectly on a particular clubs yardage so you can hit it full?

well i thought we were talking about a level of golf where +/- 5 yards wasn't really a big problem, as opposed to pinpoint accuracy.

If you're good enough to play 2/3 and 3/4 punched shots consistently, with your PW - then i don't suppose it matters whether you have 2, 3 or 4 wedges in your bag.

OP
D

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
Heres some pics of the clubs, do they look genuine to you?

03102006520.jpg

03102006521.jpg

03102006522.jpg

03102006523.jpg

OP
D

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
Haha i must say it does.

The risks we take to save pennies ey!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online