• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bit of swing help

nelly

May 17, 2008
Hi guys, today had my swing photgraphed. Wanted some feedback on positions etc. Am a 13 handicap play once a month (due to work) regularly shoot 80 on a round.

Address
S0100653.jpg

At the top
S0100665.jpg

Impact
S0100669.jpg

Posing :cool:
S0100683.jpg

I normally hit pretty good with clubs. My bad shot is a pull which I think might some from the closed clubhead at the top of the swing.
Not sure how to fix my impact position. Hands far away from the body. Get good distance 280+

Any comments appreciated

Thanks Guys

Neal
S0100669.jpg
S0100653.jpg
S0100665.jpg
S0100683.jpg

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hi Nelly

Looks like a decent swing. What shape do you normally hit it (l-2-r or r-2-l). Your set up looks good, perhaps you are a fraction too far from ball at address. Can't see your grip, or ball position. Also can't see your takeaway, but it appears that you come across the line at the top, shaft pointing off to the right, maybe try keeping flex in right knee on way back, it looks like youi have starightened it. Good position at impact and good balance at follow through. Get a few lessons with a pro and you should be in good shape.

OP
nelly

nelly

May 17, 2008
My stock shot used to be a slight fade. Recently has developed into a slight draw. My ball position with driver is on inside of left heel (which i believe is correct)When i looked at the photos i was worried about the flying elbow at the top. I seem to play with a shut clubface at the top. Think a few lessons might be in order.

Mar 19, 2012
My stock shot used to be a slight fade. Recently has developed into a slight draw. My ball position with driver is on inside of left heel (which i believe is correct)When i looked at the photos i was worried about the flying elbow at the top. I seem to play with a shut clubface at the top. Think a few lessons might be in order.

I would argue that your club face is not closed at the top but we can't see it. Looking at your hands and straight left wrist, I am inclined to guess its open. Face sitting horizontal at the top would be closed, 45° square, and vertical would be open. However this doesn't really matter because you seem to have it square at the most important time, impact, although the fotos are inconclusive. Try to post a video if you would like accurate feedback. Face on and down the line with good light, not in the bay.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I thought a straight left wrist meant the face was square...assuming you have a neutral grip. It's not uncommon for me to be wrong though.

gocubs

Jan 16, 2011
I normally hit pretty good with clubs. My bad shot is a pull which I think might some from the closed clubhead at the top of the swing.
Not sure how to fix my impact position. Hands far away from the body. Get good distance 280+

Here is what I see... A bit too far from the ball at address. your shaft is too over the top at the top (try to get it more in line with your feet). your left elbow is flying at impact which is causing the pull and sometimes slice/fade. (right?) rotate your hips more through impact. this will open the club face a bit.

fix: more vertical plane on take away and laid off at the top. eg.. Kuchar. start down from ground up. try this... kick left knee out first follow with rotating hips a bit and pull grip down keeping the shaft coming from inside the plane and working inside out. working that right elbow into the slot against your side early in the down swing will give you the feel of inside out. that's what i see.

🔥 Latest posts