• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Biting the Bullet - Again

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Back in November, the wife and two friends and I took a couple of days and went down to Fairhope, Alabama, where I know a golf pro and spent three days taking lessons from him and playing courses in the area. Although I'd taken an adult extension course on golf taught by a local "custom club" builder, this was my first real experience with taking golf lessons. The idea was, take a lesson in the morning, play a round using the instruction that afternoon.

We had a great time. I was as inconsistent as ever, but I made several swing and set-up changes as a result of the lessons. Of course, my best round was before we took a lesson.

My swing has gone from a draw to a fade, but remain inconsistent and the scores aren't improving. If anything, they're worse. I used to regularly play in the 80's, now I'm regularly in the 90's. So I've set up a lesson for this Saturday at our local RTJ facility. Don't know if it'll help, but maybe it can't hurt. Wish me luck. I'll let you guys know if there are any major improvements.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good luck with it and let us know what he is trying to get you to do...you always walk through the desert before you find the valley...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Going through lessons or any changes is so tough because you end up thinking too much. Patience and persistence is the key I think. Good luck.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I can only echo what Dave said. I think that my lessons hadn't started paying off until recently because I was always considering the content instead of just...doing it. Now that I'm just doing it, I'm seeing real improvement.

🔥 Latest posts