• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bizarre Rule that will puzzle everyone

Bravo

Reaction score
Yesterday when we went to play at my course, my friend brought his wheeled pullcart. I was going to walk and carry.

We got to the first tee and the starter told him that pullcarts were not allowed on our course! I could not believe it...

It's crazy - you have these heavy electric carts with two riders and two sets of clubs driving all over the place and they disallow a 7 pound pullcart.

I am going to follow up on this dumb rule this week but was astounded.

Bravo said:
Yesterday when we went to play at my course, my friend brought his wheeled pullcart. I was going to walk and carry.

We got to the first tee and the starter told him that pullcarts were not allowed on our course! I could not believe it...

It's crazy - you have these heavy electric carts with two riders and two sets of clubs driving all over the place and they disallow a 7 pound pullcart.

I am going to follow up on this dumb rule this week but was astounded.

Here's a weird one related to pullcarts (trolleys)...

When I played at Royal Melbourne, we played with a local junior champ, some kid with a +1 handicap. He was a great kid, no arrogance and very unassuming nature.

Anyway...i think it was the third green...his approach went over the back. To my amazement, he took the trolley over the putting surface. I said something like "you'd get put away for life if you did that in Scotland.."

He laughed and said yep, local rules were that trolleys could be taken over the greens as they were baked solid and a hammer wouldn't mark them...

Out of curiosity I checked after the round, said i'd seen another group doing it. The starter confirmed that it was allowed.

Weird, these Aussies...!

Doubt the rule has anything to do w/ how the pull cart affects the course, probably more to do with the course not wanting to lose the income from other carts.

P_102

I think you have a good theory...but the weird thing is so many people walk and carry their bags that this rule has not made a dent in the number of walkers....

Shows why it is so silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424