• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Friday

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Anybody go shopping?

My wife has a friend that lives about 3 hours away, who also happens to live about 20 minutes from this big time outlet mall that opened at midnight. The wife wanted to go, so obviously, we went.

We saved SOOOO much money, and I was surprised the only place we really ran into any lines was at the Oakley store, primarily because of the way they had to handle people buying sunglasses.

We were able to get quality Christmas gifts for all my immediate family for under 100 bucks (3 people) and then me and my wife went a little crazy.

At the Nike outlet I was able to get a pair of their golf pants for 30 dollars, normally 75. None of their baby shoes were over 15 dollars either, so we got my daughter some little Nike running shoes and a couple sets of clothes for Christmas.

I won't bore you with all the details, but between those pants and a Under Armour long sleeve polo shirt I saved a total of 70 bucks.

What's your Black Friday stories?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I've hoed some golf stuff in the last couple days, and another clubhead today, so I guess that counts. :)

I have to work tonight at one of the busiest stores in the area. Some of my coworkers are planning on 'messing' with customers, for example adding a meow in teh middle of a sentence, or having 6-8 employees ask a customer if they need help in the space of 2 minutes. Should be pretty funny. :laugh:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Walgreens was offering a cheap flat screen..19" but didn't
get to the store soon enough...Noon..lol..I tried.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I thought about it...dropped the GF off at the mall around 10:15 and did not see one empty parking place and it took me 10 min to get out off the parking lot.

OP
twelvegage

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
I thought about it...dropped the GF off at the mall around 10:15 and did not see one empty parking place and it took me 10 min to get out off the parking lot.
haha, yeah, it took us no less than 30 minutes to park. When we were pulling in there was a fight about to break out over a parking spot, awesome.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Several years ago when those push scooter things were all the rage, I actually saw 2 women get in a brawl over one. This one woman brained the other one over the head with the display model.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Could you fellows pick up my shopping? I totally loathe Christmas shopping. That's what the Internet is for.

You must all have better functioning X chromosomes than I do.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Could you fellows pick up my shopping? I totally loathe Christmas shopping. That's what the Internet is for.

Touche Claire,

the aforementioned incident was quite a while back. I do 90 of my shopping on the internet now as well. :emot-ange

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Nah, you just get it. All the shit that people buy now "on sale" will be cheaper in February anyways.

Gift ceritificates are your best friends these days. Why wrestle cheek to cheek with the rest of the lemmings?

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Black Friday, indeed. 3 dead so far.

Wouldn't you just love to have on your tombstone ?: Trampled to death by Walmart mob

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Black Friday, indeed. 3 dead so far.

Wouldn't you just love to have on your tombstone ?: Trampled to death by Walmart mob

Or sent to jail for causing a miscarriage to a woman in your attept to get the latest Guitar Hero video game.

What a friggin joke. It's quite obvious that loads of people don't have respect for others. It's disgusting.

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004

I totally agree.

I would rather pluck out my own eyeballs than subject myself to any sort of mall shopping at any time of the year, never mind Christmas.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I refuse to do any shopping this time of the year. Buying crap for people you don't really like, it all seems to be a big waste of time & $$$.

🔥 Latest posts