• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Vs. Platinums

DaKineHawaiian

Jun 17, 2008
1st Thread - w00t w00t baby!! Had a few choices of forums to chill at, and w00t w00t shottalk - Thx for the welcome in advance (if i get any *sniff*)

1st thread was a hard one to make, but yeah!

So i said the hell w/ it and bought a sleeve of the Nike black and Platinums the other day. I played both. The reason why was because 3 people told me the black's were for the person w/ a swing speed of a 100 below and Platinums were for the 100+ swing speeds. For me it all depends, i average about 95-105, so this is why i was having problems deciding. I have been hittin ProV's for about 2 yrs, but wanted to test other balls to see if my game can change JUST a bit..lol

Played the SAME course i always play at, and played 6 rounds with 3 black's and 2 Platinums (fricken #17 water). BUT this as the same course ive been playing at 4 days a week (averaging) and hitting around PAR average, i was amazed i beat my average score for all 6 rounds by like 2 shots.

SOOOOO my point and question is....yes i got better in 6 rounds, and i know the ball probably helped im assuming, but i was just wondering on what everyone's thoughts were.

If possible, let me know if this ball will make me a pro...well, ok shootin the hoops there.

But let me know what you think of the 2 differences honestly!!

Thanks

P.S> oh if i made no sense, then trust me, ill work on it...haha

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Platinums are almost sponge. Much less distance than the black, but you can work them like a sedated hooker. Black obviously has a more firm feel when struck (also like the hooker).

I think even Tiger would be better off with the black. But it's not my call.

Try the Bridgestone B330-S if you liked the Nike Plat. It'll be a bit firmer, but you'll love it. B-330 is slightly more firm than the S.

OP
D

DaKineHawaiian

Jun 17, 2008
Naw, i tried the Bridgestones and just couldent get the mental picture out to where a tire company is making golf balls. But then if you think about it, im complaining about a shoe/clothing line (nike) making balls and im liking them...WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE....ok, maybe ill second think this one again.

2nd note: i like the black's better than the Platiunum's

Members online

No members online now.