• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blackberry, Treo...what??

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I sit on a computer all day...the last thing i need is one in my pocket as well. :)

I have no input into this thread as i pick the absolute lowest possible phones that are usually free. Reason...all i need it to do is call people...i really wish they didnt put camera's on every freaking phone made either....dont need one...just clutters up the menu's.

Good luck picking one...i wish i had a need for one.
I've always felt this way, and currently have a basic non-camera LG (btw, you can get a phone without a camera...there's quite a few still around). I've had it for years. But, I dropped it in water the other night and thought it had to be replaced. It's a flip, and it was closed. Was still working under water!:wow: That night, everything worked except the earpiece speaker...couldn't hear a thing. The next day, as it dried out I guess, the speaker started working. As of this morning, it's back to normal. So, now I'm battling just keeping it or upgrading.

Wife has a Pearl, I would stay away from that phone. She has had nothing but trouble with hers. She is already on her second phone and has only had it since Dec. Know lots of folks who have had problems with the pearl. I have the 8350 curve, much better phone than the Pearl from what I have seen. Others I have no clue about
Son has a Pearl, wife has a curve. Asked my son which I should get: curve, no question.

Frankly, I'm a little scared of the Crackberry's....;)

I'll decide this weekend and either buy one or not.

Intresting how nothing on that list got talked about except the Palms and BB's.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Just did this, it's fun huh?

Had the Moto Q and it is ok but you only see part of your emails. Switched to BB Curve and so far it's great. If I'm in my office my emails usually hit the phone before my computer.

I didn't really care about the camera but did use it the other day and discovered it has a 5X zoom and the quality is pretty good. Also very easy for non tech guy like myself to email the pictures.

The keyboard is easy to use as well.

I never listen to music or text and rarely use the internet feature so I'm no help there.

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
I've been using blackberry's for about 7 years now back to the original green screens. I currently have the world phone which I like better than the curve. No camera and a little thinner. Can't go wrong with a blackberry.

DH

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.