• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blades or mallets?

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Mine it totally cool. But it feels like Dog Doo.

I thought it felt strange for the first couple of putts too, but I changed my mind when they kept falling in the hole..:biglol:

All I know is that I'd always been a decent putter until last year when it all went away. After switching the the Enterprise, I'm a better putter than ever before, not just as good as I used to be. Not saying that it's for everyone, but for someone who is struggling, especially with short putts, it's worth a try. :D

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I usually putt with a blade, but occasionally get the pushes going. Switching to a mallet for a few rounds seems to recalibrate me.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Was hitting my blade decently, but then started getting a lot of 3 putts for some reason. Switched to the Tourismo which I guess is sorta mallet like...more like a mini spider & the putts have been falling again.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
this is what I use. Pinemeadow golf Xeon putter. Its the best I've ever used.
xeon.m2.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I've tried the blade (Anser style) putters and full size mallet (Craz-E & Doc) and neither styles really suited my eye nor were they overly affective. I've gone back to a mini-mallet with the White Hot Tour #5 (once upon a time I used a White Hot #7) and this seems to be the best of both worlds for me.

The new WH Tour insert is actually quite nice (regardless of what R35 says, it is the same insert that's in the new Black-i series).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've tried the blade (Anser style) putters and full size mallet (Craz-E & Doc) and neither styles really suited my eye nor were they overly affective. I've gone back to a mini-mallet with the White Hot Tour #5 (once upon a time I used a White Hot #7) and this seems to be the best of both worlds for me.

The new WH Tour insert is actually quite nice (regardless of what R35 says, it is the same insert that's in the new Black-i series).
I hit the WH Tour, and it was a very firm hit (I could hardly believe it was an Odyssey putter, TBH.) I'm not arguing your point, but the Black felt quite a bit softer.

OP
mwgolf

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
Ya i believe the blades help with long putts, yet short putts can be a little shaky. But with practice, it can be easily overcome.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I prefer the look of a blade putter, but my scorecard far prefers the 2ball I use, as do I in competitive rounds

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I've had 3 putters my entire life, all blades.

Still have them all, also.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I've had 3 putters my entire life, all blades.

Still have them all, also.

All my life?

Carbite Blade
Ram Blade
Odyssey Two Ball
TaylorMade Monza
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Have them all as well.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
All my life......

The Blade that came with my 1st set of Ram's
A mini mallet I saw a man throw into a pond and retrieved, (best putter I ever had, wish I still had it, had a hand carved wooden handle/grip)
Carbite mini mallet--still have it
Odyssey White Hot 2Ball Cs--for sale on eBay as we speak
Founders Club Mallet Tour Blue--still have it
Maltby Designs MOI, ugliest putter I've ever seen, still have it
MG Golf -Scotty Futura knock off--still have it
McGregor The Fat Lady Swings--mini mallet-great putter, sank a ton of putts till I bought my Scotty and it turned on me--still have it
Scotty Studio Design Newport 2.5--Love it, use it
Scotty Circa 62 #2--on the way, should arrive today, :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.