• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blades...

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
Whats the big advantage with them?

had a few trails with some and i was hitting them nice and sweet and didnt really notice the difference between my taylors and the blades (callaway's)

so why go for a blade?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
1.If you want to shape a shot you can very easily.All you do to fade is literally hold the hands back a smidgeon,the changes required for any method are minute.With a cavity back you aim to Mecca,do the splits and pray like mad,before you you perform some strange ritualistic looping swing.And then the ball might fade 1 millimetre.

2.A good ball striker may hit the ball too high with improvement clubs.Not all do,many pros use cavity backs,but many would just hit the ball too high because a pro tends to hit irons with a powerful descending blow.

3.Er,you pull more birds at the range?

Thats it really,no real advantages above and beyond a lower flight and the ability to shape shots at will.They are also what most over 38 year olds learnt with.We are a dying bread I think.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Woosey said:

Please don't take this as a flame, but those are the complete opposite of blades. The Cally fusion irons are a oversized game improvement cast iron.

Typical characteritics of a blades are:

Most importantly Muscle Back (sorry MP32 lovers - them aren't blades either)
Usually forged out of soft carbon steel
Thin top line and sole

I am going by the traditional blade from WAY back - there are club manufacturers out there now that make irons they call blades like Ping I3 and Taylor RAC TP. In my opinion these are not blades

OP
Woosey

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Mar 23, 2005
VtDivot said:
Please don't take this as a flame, but those are the complete opposite of blades.

ah right!

im an idiot ;) ill try some blades later then (at least the ping blades say blade on them! ) :D

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
For a 100% blade try a 100% muscle back like the Titleist 670s

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
SiberianDVM said:
But they're so plain. :)

Yes....they stand out from the crowd....and look good in your bag at the same time!

clubs_miz_new.JPG

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Callaway did make a true blade in the late 80's. They were the bobby jones model.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.