• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bold prediction came true.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I played a round today with my normal playing partner and my best mate from when we were junior members (he's just started playing again).

Anyhow, I was playing quite steady golf in windy wet conditions. After shooting 41 on the front 9(par 36), I doubled bogied the 10th, pared 11 bogied 12 and then had an EIGHT on the par 4 13th followed by a double bogiey 6 on 14. At this point I was annoyed with myself for the silly tee shot I played on 13 and rubbish approach shot after good drive on 14. The back 9 I normally find easyier than the front 9 and from 5 over gross for the front 9, I was aiming to play to 6 or 7.

Instead of getting really angry and pissed with myself I told my playing partners that I was just gonna birdie 3 of the last 4 holes to cheer myself up a bit. I Drove into the green side bunker on short par 4 15th (270 yards) splashed out to about 12 foot and sunk it for a bird. 16th very average drive into semi rough on right side of hole, blocked out of going for the green by trees so punched a 7 iron to left of green. Had about a 15 yard chip shot that I drained for birdie number 2. 17th is a par 5, 500yards hit a solid drive to the top of the hill, left myself 210 to green. I hit the sweetest 3 iron shot right to the centre of the green. Left myself 25 foot for eagle. The putt was down hill with about 8 foot swing from left to right. I struck the putt right down the line I had picked, it swung over as i had imagined from left to right just touched the left hand edge of the hole but stayed up & went 6 foot past. The putt coming back up the hill horse shoed for birdie and I tapped in for par. 18th is a par 3 170 yards. I hit 7 iron to middle of the green about 15 foot away. The putt was slight down hill little break from left to right, Dead centre for a birdie 2 and my 3rd birdie as predicted. If only I would have said I was gonna have 3 birdies and an Eagle. In the end I shot 41 out & in for a gross 82, two over my handicap but was really pleased with the way I bounced back after dropping 6 shots in 2 holes.

Have you ever made a positive prediction and have it come true like this?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great play...sounds like a story from a sandbagging hustler...

All of my predictions go in the other direction. South.

You've got a lot of skills in your bag to pull of shots like that.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Bravo said:
You've got a lot of skills in your bag to pull of shots like that.

Got all the shots, just not got the brains between my ears to use them when needed. That's the part of my game that needs the most work, my head.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Well done. I once joined up with some old fogeys for a few holes. I was walking and they were riding, but one of em had an open space on his cart, so i strapped my bag on. The 4th hole is a 290 yard par 4, and i drove it pin high left of the green, about 15 yards away. I grabbed my wedge, and the guy who had my bag on his cart asked if i wanted my putter. I told him not to bother, i was gonnna chip it in for eagle. He didnt licten, but i dropped the chip:)

Another time i bet my boss i could break 40 in under 30 minutes. Was 6 over after 8 and eagled the last hole for a 39(par 35)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online