• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bombtech Grenade driver?

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
United States United States
Anyone seen hit or own one of these?

6417521_orig.jpg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've never seen one either, but I'd like to try their putter.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I've read about. The guy that owns it was a long drive competitor but doesn't market these as long drive heads. They come in 10.5 and 9 degree heads and the shafts are made for them by matrix. He claims higher ball speed through better manufacturing processes and that the dual cavity on the bottom promotes 1 to 2 mph higher swing speeds and squaring of the club head at impact. In user reviews there are claims of higher spin than optimal for some players and losing the ball high and right.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I get their e-mails. Snake oil... They offer nothing that you can't buy for less in better known OEM drivers. And, if you can't hit it, you could resell it for, say.... about 10 dollars!!! Just my 2 cents.....

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I get their e-mails. Snake oil... They offer nothing that you can't buy for less in better known OEM drivers. And, if you can't hit it, you could resell it for, say.... about 10 dollars!!! Just my 2 cents.....
I agree. A few guys on WRX are singing its praises but I'll keep swinging what I've got. If I feel the need to change I'll find one o last years drivers at a discount and minimal loss. Or buy used. He's always watching threads about his product ready to drop his #pullthepin phrase on everybody. Pull this dude!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
POW! Back in about 1997, had a friend order one of the Hammer drivers. BAM!! I don't remember if they were even titanium back then. POW! Had holes in it to, supposedly, reduce the wind resistance. BAM! The wind going through those holes set up a "whistle" sound. POW! Sounded like a badly out of tune saxaphone. BAM! The guy who bought it was a huge Callaway fan. Whatever Callaway driver he was hitting at the time outdrove the Hammer by 20 yards!!! POW!

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
POW! Back in about 1997, had a friend order one of the Hammer drivers. BAM!! I don't remember if they were even titanium back then. POW! Had holes in it to, supposedly, reduce the wind resistance. BAM! The wind going through those holes set up a "whistle" sound. POW! Sounded like a badly out of tune saxaphone. BAM! The guy who bought it was a huge Callaway fan. Whatever Callaway driver he was hitting at the time outdrove the Hammer by 20 yards!!! POW!
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. That's not to say that you can't shop "smart" and save money in a quality product, but I wouldn't take a chance on something like the hammer. The only thing that would make the "Grenade" worth a try is 30 day satisfaction guarantee. I would be very wary of it for my swing because it isn't a very low spin head and the shaft is tip soft. There is a "Chi Chi Rodriguez" signature shaft that is light weight with a tip stiff shaft and lower torque but that's not really up my alley either. The three woods seem to receive much better reviews. You can call and order a digitally lofted head and put in your favorite shaft though. Still I'd rather look for a used OEM driver that I can try out on track man and see if it works for me before making a purchase.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
A friend of ours has a hammer. I hit it a few times. Its odd because it sets up closed, but not delofted. Its easy to hit. But I don't think it was any longer than any other.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014

IT"S HAMMER TIME!1!!!!!
Oh man, that's too much. My buddy and I saw this on tv as we were putting a patient in a body bag. We tried so hard not to laugh at the commercial. The patient was expected to pass and he was making jokes about dying himself so it wasn't to be disrespectful but ya, it was hard to keep a straight face at the time.

Staff online

Members online