• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bored = Hoing session.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have been bored today so my Ft-I funds in my paypal account have taken a beating.

Deal 1). I have decided that my 14th club should be a 3 wood so I scoured Ebay and found an FT-3, 3 wood with stiff nvs shaft for £100 buy it now and the bidding was at £50 with 4 hours to go. I asked the seller if I could have free postage at the buy it now price. They refused so I set my max bid at £90 and left it at that. It turned out that I won the item for £84 plus £7 p&p so they lost out not letting me have the free postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270075389236&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 2). I sold my back up putter on ebay last week (Scotty American Classic III) to somebody in NI (was it you Andy?). I went on ebay looking for a new backup. I was thinking about the Callaway Blue Tour but after trying them in Nervada Bobs I went off the idea (they didn't have the mallet). I searched on Ebay and ended up picking up an Odyssey XG 9, Phil Micklesons putter for £62.50. sent them the offer via message and they ended the auction early for me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:RTQ:UK:1&viewitem=&item=230075001716&rd=1

Deal 3). I put my X14 2 iron on ebay last night so was looking for a replacement today. I found a Hogan Apex forged 2 iron with an hour to go and won it with a bid of £12.50, £20 inc postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=270075771425&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 4). My little golfing prodigy,(well not so little nearly 6ft) Aiden, 14 years old, hits the ball 300+ yards been playing less than 12 months and he's off 11 already. He won 6 junior comps and the all classes comp at our place last season. He wanted a Vokey spin milled 58 degree wedge so I picked him one up for his b'day present for £39.99 from esc golf. It's the 3rd club I've bought off them so they threw in free postage. (I had to ask)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=270074862292&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 5). To stop myself buying more stuff next time I'm bored i decided to buy a golf book so I got myself down to Boarders book shop and picked up Hogans 5 lessons in hard back for £15. This will pay for itself even if I don't learn anything from it, just because it will keep me entertained on a boring wet weekend.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I have been bored today so my Ft-I funds in my paypal account have taken a beating.

Deal 1). I have decided that my 14th club should be a 3 wood so I scoured Ebay and found an FT-3, 3 wood with stiff nvs shaft for £100 buy it now and the bidding was at £50 with 4 hours to go. I asked the seller if I could have free postage at the buy it now price. They refused so I set my max bid at £90 and left it at that. It turned out that I won the item for £84 plus £7 p&p so they lost out not letting me have the free postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270075389236&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 2). I sold my back up putter on ebay last week (Scotty American Classic III) to somebody in NI (was it you Andy?). I went on ebay looking for a new backup. I was thinking about the Callaway Blue Tour but after trying them in Nervada Bobs I went off the idea (they didn't have the mallet). I searched on Ebay and ended up picking up an Odyssey XG 9, Phil Micklesons putter for £62.50. sent them the offer via message and they ended the auction early for me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:RTQ:UK:1&viewitem=&item=230075001716&rd=1

Deal 3). I put my X14 2 iron on ebay last night so was looking for a replacement today. I found a Hogan Apex forged 2 iron with an hour to go and won it with a bid of £12.50, £20 inc postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=270075771425&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 4). My little golfing prodigy,(well not so little nearly 6ft) Aiden, 14 years old, hits the ball 300+ yards been playing less than 12 months and he's off 11 already. He won 6 junior comps and the all classes comp at our place last season. He wanted a Vokey spin milled 58 degree wedge so I picked him one up for his b'day present for £39.99 from esc golf. It's the 3rd club I've bought off them so they threw in free postage. (I had to ask)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=270074862292&rd=1&rd=1

Deal 5). To stop myself buying more stuff next time I'm bored i decided to buy a golf book so I got myself down to Boarders book shop and picked up Hogans 5 lessons in hard back for £15. This will pay for itself even if I don't learn anything from it, just because it will keep me entertained on a boring wet weekend.
Yeah I would say you were bored.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
you might want to hold off on the FT-I as reports are that the pro's are finding that it spins way too much (as so is not that long) and they are rushing to get a 7.5 degree version out to compensate for this. Not sure about your swing speed, but if you're pretty fast = long then you might want to get on the monitor with one first.

just a heads up from something i read today somewhere else.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
you might want to hold off on the FT-I as reports are that the pro's are finding that it spins way too much (as so is not that long) and they are rushing to get a 7.5 degree version out to compensate for this. Not sure about your swing speed, but if you're pretty fast = long then you might want to get on the monitor with one first.

just a heads up from something i read today somewhere else.

Cheers for that. I may just go for a high kick point shaft and if it doesn't suit I'll unload it on ebay probably get all my money back as I'd imagine they'll be high demand for it when they 1st come out. Then I'll get on a monitor after they have been out a while overhere.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Lol. Madman srpings to mind ! :D

Nah mate, wasn't me ya sent the putter to. ha.
I like the look of that Phil Mick putter you picked up. Sweet as :)

That is some deal you got on that Vokey Spin Milled....:eek:

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Looks like smeone needs to get out...........:D Sweet pickups though

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I give you my crown....
icon10.gif

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
You could always get the FT-5 instead!! That looks nice and made GD top award for drivers. :)

I'll probably end up with both TBH, but I want the FT-I first. I was thinking of getting it with a V2 but might have to go for something with a higher kick point if distance is a problem. Although that said there was a test done by todays golfer where 100 readers hit the FT-I and Sumo (with out fitting) and 87% of them hit longer shots with at least one of the drivers compared to there own driver and 68% of them hit it straighter than there own driver. So I will just give it a try I think, nowt to lose. ;)

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
I was bored and just did the same thing.

Just picked another 64' wedge and an Adams 430Q driver fitted with a Harrison Pro 2.5 for a grand total of $175..

I should really kept myself more occupied

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Looks like golfsmith has pre orders for ft-i and ft-i tours up. Nice shaft options as well.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I was just looking through my watch list. What a difference in prices now that Christmas has passed. The Rombax shaft I paid $83 for just went for $150 and there is an R5TP sitting at $170 with 6hrs. to go. That club wouldn't have broken $150 3 weeks ago. Glad I got stuff when I did.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Found the same selling. I had a 905R 10.5 degree with stiff V2 shaft. I had it up on a buy it now for £155 plus p&p before Chrismas and had no takers. (a few p*ss takers offering me £100 inc postage told them to F OFF)!!! I relisted it on a normal auction on Boxing day starting bid of £100 sold it for £183.09, not bad. Everybodies Christmas money was/is being spent.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.