• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bored, looking at irons

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Really? Thought it was the other way around. Oops. Your knowledge overwhelms me, sir.:prop:

The only reason I know that is I wanted a set of V25's years back, but could never find a set for a reasonable price. There were several members that played them and swore by their feel. I still poke around Ebay for a set every once in a while.

Like these, for example: -Unhit Armour 2000 845 evo V-25 Forged 3-PW Steel RH-S - eBay (item 220301193367 end time Oct-20-09 15:22:03 PDT)

LOL. Does the guy punch his fist up your anus too if you buy those? What is this guy on?

R35

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
V31's are cast. V25's are forged.

R35

My apologies, its the V-25's I'm after....

Lefty,

Callaway Pre-Owned has 25% off lefty handed clubs right now!

Not bad, but the only Cally stuff I want is the FT-I (Tour or LCG) and the only LCG they have is a draw model, and the Tour have Speeder shafts that I DO NOT get along with.

Apart from the FT-3, 5 & 9, the other Cally stuff I wouldn't piss on if it was on fire, especially their irons.

Thanks for the heads up though FAT! :thumbs up:

buykrux

May 15, 2009
i vote for titleist zbs, cobra pro mbs, and ta2s even though you already had them
IMO the ta2s were by far the best irons of all
i personally like the thin soles and thing toplines, i wish they made the prombs in LH
i saw someone say mp57
i had a set last year, same exact shafts that were in my previous set of irons and they were litterally, 2 clubs shorter, i was hitting a 5 iron in from 160 yards
something wasnt right about them, they jsut didnt seem to fly like they should have

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
Love my Cobra Pro CB's. They just go straight! Look similar to MP60 @ address, but are easier to hit.
I think the shafts that I use might elevate my ball flight, but straight is good. "feel" is subjective, I had MP60, they "feel" just as soft.
Got mine for $350....

dell53

Jan 6, 2009
I have a brand new set of Maltby KE4's I had built for me. 4-GW with R-300 Dynamic Golds. never hit, STD length and lie. Very easy to hit. I also have 4 extra 2 gram wts. medium Golf Pride Tour velvet grips.

$180.00 shipped Cont US and I will throw in a brand new Maltby M-Series Nickel plated 56* sand wedge, DG wedge flex.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
Love my Cobra Pro CB's. They just go straight! Look similar to MP60 @ address, but are easier to hit.
I think the shafts that I use might elevate my ball flight, but straight is good. "feel" is subjective, I had MP60, they "feel" just as soft.
Got mine for $350....

they are definitely not as hard to hit as they look
but they will give you stingers if your swing is sloppy that day
i read they put PX in them because for some reason the design of the heads lowered the ballflight dramatically
i put s300s in mine and i did notice a lower ball flight but it elminated my hooking of 7-pw and slicing the 3-5
they are in the shop getting black golds in them as we speak, i have heard great things about those shafts im curious to see how they are

looks like 3 votes for cobra!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Clug, any interest in a 4-PW set of PING i10s? They currently have the ZZ65 Cushin shafts in them.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
One thing....when the set came I pulled the 9 and PW at least 10 yards. Found out they were both 2 degrees flat. Now they are standard and work well.
I went to a demo day this spring and narrowed it down to 3: Ping s59, adams a4 and the Pro CB.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Oh, and look at the Nickent 4dx Pros.

I just got a new set of 4DX CBs for $180 - I figured for that with the inclusion of 20° and 23° 4DX IWs it wouldn't really matter if the irons were good. Turns out they're really good. Of course I'm biased, but I think they're really, really nice. Very little offset, extraordinarily thin topline for a GI iron (although I have no idea why people care about that - I just mention it because so many do) but still have a low enough COG and huge center weight that they're forgiving as all hell. Plus the 90g steel shaft is a great fit for me - I don't like standard ~130g steel shafts, but lighter graphite stuff (what I currently play are 65g) are a bit light making me have to fight for consistency. So far so good.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
If you have a Edwin Watts nearby, check into the Srixon i701's. The one here has them brand new for $399.00, $299.00 if you are a Loyal Tee member, which you can sign up for on the spot and get the discount. They are forged and suweeeettttt feeling.

🔥 Latest posts