• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boreing out heads?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have a set of Hogan FTX irons and want some Project X Satin shafts for them. I've been told the Hogans are .355 tip... I've been offered some Satin's for a good price but they are .370 standard parallel. Can I bore the Hogan's out with a drill and would they play ok if I was too do this?

buykrux

May 15, 2009
sounds like a bad idea to me
i believe the satins are only made in .370 too
could look for a backup set of irons to pop them in or just give them to me :)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Doing it yourself, or a clubmaker? Its pretty easy with the right tools. You need a .370 reamer, a drill press and a vice.

People think clubmaking is so delicate. The difference between the two is the taper and .015 of an inch. Not a big deal.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Doing it yourself, or a clubmaker? Its pretty easy with the right tools. You need a .370 reamer, a drill press and a vice.

People think clubmaking is so delicate. The difference between the two is the taper and .015 of an inch. Not a big deal.
+1

This is not surgery people...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep. Given the proper tools and appropriate bits, it's simple.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yep. Given the proper tools and appropriate bits, it's simple.

R35

Proper tools being your stove and an oven mit? LOL...

I had a thread about this awhile back. If I had the proper tools I would do it in a second....

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
FTXs......sure you are good enough to hit them....?

What's with the sig btw?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
FTXs......sure you are good enough to hit them....?

What's with the sig btw?

May be too good for them!!!

The Sig came from our PM which made me spit larger all over my PC when I read your responce to that line! BTW, has it arrived yet and does it have a LCG symbol or mark on it, and how's it play?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
May be too good for them!!!

The Sig came from our PM which made me spit larger all over my PC when I read your responce to that line! BTW, has it arrived yet and does it have a LCG symbol or mark on it, and how's it play?

Hehe, you should love the short irons, they are just wonderful.

Yeah it's here and used it today in a force 5000 wind....did the job basically. It's a nice club and it did have the little L that you suggested it would.

Hard to judge too much due to the high winds but it's easy to hit and you can rip that shaft without sacrificing much control.

BTW you meant this.... "Ty Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi" ??? :laugh:

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hehe, you should love the short irons, they are just wonderful.

Yeah it's here and used it today in a force 5000 wind....did the job basically. It's a nice club and it did have the little L that you suggested it would.

Hard to judge too much due to the high winds but it's easy to hit and you can rip that shaft without sacrificing much control.

BTW you meant this.... "Ty Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi" ??? :laugh:

LOL good stuff. Glad it turned out to be the LCG 1st run. I picked up the FTX off Ebayer for £90 (after a 10% off code). No 4 iron but I managed to get an Apex Pro 4 iron for £35 from the US... They have S300's at the moment but I'm thinking of some PX Satin or Black Gold shafts instead.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Paul, are 6.5's too strong?? I'm ready to get moving on getting fit for my titty's, so if you were interested, I'd get my shafts taken out of my heads for you?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Paul, are 6.5's too strong?? I'm ready to get moving on getting fit for my titty's, so if you were interested, I'd get my shafts taken out of my heads for you?

To be honest I'm not sure. I had X100's and hit them fine...but I'd probably be better off with something a little softer to be honest or I might start swinging faster/harder thinking i have to with 6.5's. Thanks anyway.

What new sticks are you getting? the titty's?

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
lol i don't swing much harder than you matey! anyways, it's there to think about should you struggle!!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
lol i don't swing much harder than you matey! anyways, it's there to think about should you struggle!!

I'm actually leaning towards the Black Gold's or KBS...something new to me I had Project x Stain in some X14 Pros, PX Flighted in my Cally X forged and standard in my Pro CB's. I can get the Black golds for a good price but not heard much in the way of reviews for them.

I gamed the Hogan's Today for the 1st time in a practice round at Antrobus GC. They feel very nice, I love the looks of the bladed short irons...1st ever chip shot with the 'E' wedge was holed. Shot a 75 gross - par 71. Went out 4 over and in level and it was pissing down with rain. I played the last 6 holes with a pair of FJ rain grip gloves on.

Black Golds??? Anybody used them?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
If God made irons he'd have made the FTXs

Nice start with em MG, 75 today is good play, it was foul.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online