• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bottom of swing arc question

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
How many people here turn their right hand over at impact? I have been working at it this summer as well has hitting through the ball. I also noticed that when I have gripped the club tighter with my RH..I'm a rightie..I can produce a draw flight. Hitting through the ball also helps the follow through.

this is something i reaaly have to concentrate on.i just started doing it just over a yr ago when i was trying to produce a draw.if i try to swing to hard i dont rotate over and the ball flight shows it by slicing way off to the right.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
this is something i reaaly have to concentrate on.i just started doing it just over a yr ago when i was trying to produce a draw.if i try to swing to hard i dont rotate over and the ball flight shows it by slicing way off to the right.

That sounds like the problem I encounter if I don't turn my hands over.

Where do all of you place the ball in your stance?

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Where do all of you place the ball in your stance?

Varies based on the club; maybe like Hogan in 5 Lessons, but not exactly. It's become a feel thing. For me, farther back is better than farther forward.

Fastback

Nov 13, 2006
How many people here turn their right hand over at impact? I have been working at it this summer as well has hitting through the ball. I also noticed that when I have gripped the club tighter with my RH..I'm a rightie..I can produce a draw flight. Hitting through the ball also helps the follow through.

the way i try to think about it is what my hands are doing after impact and in the follow through. I try to maintain a flat left wrist well beyond impact.. this by its very nature causes the right hand to turn over as it cant go anywhere else.

I just do simple drills where i swing first just with my left hand and noting the flat left wrist on the follow through, then i add my right hand.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.