• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boy are these guys DINKS!!

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
I don't want to make you mad but they do have good points. They sure could have put it a little more delicate though. Nike was going to honor your warrenty after all.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The points were well taken. The way they expressed them wasn't called for.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I love that you said DINKS! That is among my favorite words.

I think Nike is guarding themselves against people who want and expect something for nothing. You are not oneof those people; that's a real defect, but that immovable policy wards off a LOT of bs claims. Anyone that works in retail knows that tons of people just want to whine and cry about the most trivial stuff to get things for free. My cell phone didn't work between 630 and 730 pm, I want a month of service for free!

I don't believe you to be one of those people, but you have to imagine that your story is very similar to theirs. It is a shame that they ruined it for you. But, I think Nike's policy is a good one. I wish companies were all comfortable saying, "No," sometimes. Makes me wonder just how overpriced those adidas shoes are if they can send a free pair to anyone that sends them an email.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I did quite s research before joining a forum, and ShotTalk, after my research I realized this was the only one I cared for, inhabited by semi normal people, most of the time anyway, lol

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
. Anyone that works in retail knows that tons of people just want to whine and cry about the most trivial stuff to get things for free. My cell phone didn't work between 630 and 730 pm, I want a month of service for free!
l.

People do that because in the U.S. it works! If I was to claim here my phone stopped working and exploded three minutes after I bought it, they would make me sign 23 papers go through 10 months of administrative and legal work before getting an answer so it would not be worth it

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! First, let's consider this industry. Two OEM's... Ping and Callaway... have set the standard for customer service. For years, we have heard the glory stories of people having issues resolved with no questions asked. These two companies have "bought" their loyal base through customer service programs second to none.
Other OEM's choose other means to develop loyalty. Some feel top tier pros carrying their bags will develop a certain customer following. Some feel development of exhaustive programs with local green-grass pros will bring them a good customer base. Few have sought to mirror the customer service of Ping and Callaway. And, as we have seen more and more of the OEM's gobbled up by large conglomerates... I believe customer service has suffered.
Likewise, we used to see some excellent customer service in our locally owned shops. Today, those are non-existent. There's little competition. We have nothing but big corporation, big box stores servicing this industry. One of the major sources of income to these large retailers is the extended warranty programs they shove down customer's throats. Spend extra money... drive the price up on what I want to purchase... to have some semblence of security that defects in materials and/or workmanship will be resolved. Auto dealers... applicance retailers... electronics retailers.... WalMart... Sears... Best Buy.... If you don't bend over for their extended warranty coverage you are sneered at the check out counter and you are a red-headed step child if you dare have any quality issues with the product. That's the protocol we've seen evolve in the world of customer service. Don't expect or anticipate a quality product. Instead, be required to purchase an insurance policy... that's all an extended warranty is... if you want service after the sale.
I'm old and jaded. I grew up in an era where good customer service brought you return customers. I worked, going to college, in "service stations". When a vehicle would pull in to the gas pumps, we would run out... ask to fill the tank... wash the windows... check under the hood... and offer to vaccum out the vehicle. We've seen a couple of generatios pass, now, that have no knowledge of such service. They have not experienced nor do they expect the level of customer service we old geezers grew up with. It's a different world.
In the political world, we can talk with our votes and can voice our opinions to neighbors, friends, and acquaintances. In the world of retail, we can do the same. We can "vote" with our dollars and our voices. That's our right. In my book, that's what WBL is doing... voting with his dollars and his voice.
Honestly, WBL's customer service issue is a much more legitimate reason for refusal to use a Nike product that the reasons I shun them!! :>)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I did quite s research before joining a forum, and ShotTalk, after my research I realized this was the only one I cared for, inhabited by semi normal people, most of the time anyway, lol

I agree! I lurk around several golf discussion boards and this is the only one that isn't inhabited by trolling idiots. This is also the ony place I EVER post anything on. Sorry to thread-jack WBL, but I had to 2nd Dub's comment.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
And here I thought you'd all go running to my rescue at the sand trap.... JK. :frown:

Thanks limp. That was eloquent as usual.

They sure did "gang up" on me over there though. I'm trying to express my displeasure with a product and a couple of companies and I'm doing something strange and uncalled for. And to us old guys the term dink means penis.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
That site sucks pure and simple, far too many douche bags and people just plaing typing out of their ass. I prefer a closer more tightly wound connection like we have here.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And to us old guys the term dink means penis.

WBL... you're just gonna have to get caught up with the new 'metrosexual' vocabulary. A 'DINK' is the acronym for Double Income, No Kids. Somewhere we lost the 'good old time' when a woman's place was barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. Whatever happened to the good ol' days???

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Man, you are taking this thing way too far. Your beef with sending it back to Nike is that you'd have no bag while they fix it? Do you absolutely have to play golf during the 10 days that bag is being fixed?

It sooo would have been easier to just send the damn bag in.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.