• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boy what an AMAZING round!

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
ok so ive only been playing golf for a year, and i played my first FULL round yesterday. i had never played 18 holes before then. What an amazing day!!!

lets see

1. i shot my all time low on 9 holes - 42
2. shot my all time low on 18 holes - 89
3. i had 2 chip ins:)
4. I drove to the green about 260 and got it about 5 feet from the pin!
5. on the first hole i had a nice birdie from a 570 yard par 5- thx to my new hybrid!

i had a great day! and played the best golf i had ever played. Now i know an 89 for most of you guys would make u cry all the way home and put ur self to sleep on tequila....but for me it was an amazing round!

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
That my friend is why golf is such a great game. You can play by yourself and compete with your own abillities and records. A person like you can get as much satisfaction from an 89 as I might from a 70.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
yeah...i was very impressed with teh 42 i shot on the front nine...if i had been playing like this early in the season id easily be on the travelling top 5

i BEAT the number 2 guy:)

he had a bit of an off day though...but still i beat him and im number 8:)

all i can say is i cant wait for more challenge matches...ill be moving up the ranks soon. It's like everything in my game just clicked...my tee shots are great, my putting is even getting a lil better.

longiron

May 2, 2005
lildudejds said:
yeah...i was very impressed with the 42 i shot on the front nine...if i had been playing like this early in the season id easily be on the traveling top 5

i BEAT the number 2 guy:)

he had a bit of an off day though...but still i beat him and I'm number 8:)
Very nice round indeed. Don't sell yourself short. It doesn't matter if he had an off day you handed him his ass, end of story.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
thanks

yeah last year a gasped at the thought of shooting in the 40's...i jumped for joy at breaking 60(nine holes that is)

this year i get a 42:) whats next year? consistent 35's? prolly not but ill keep practising

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Nicely done!
awww.websmileys.com_sm_drink_trink39.gif

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Adam Pettman said:
As they say in france "tres bien mon petit frere"

Very good my little brother???

I think something must have got lost in the translation there...

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
That is a great round, but how about when you have a stunning front then poor back 9. Happened to me today in monthly medal. Had 24 points going out (Playing off 9)Then only 15 coming back. I knoow still 39 points and I'll get cut but so frustrating! Well done though!

lwc

Mar 8, 2006
Country
United States United States
lildudejds said:
5. on the first hole i had a nice birdie from a 570 yard par 3 - thx to my new hybrid!

Great round!

That sure is a long par 3 . . . :)

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
They're the sorts of rounds that make you keep coming back. It's almost like all you do is keep playing in the hope that you will have one of those rounds.

Congratulations

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Scotty01292 said:
Very good my little brother???

I think something must have got lost in the translation there...

Yeah my brain or as they say in france "Oui mon cheval"

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.