• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boycott Ping

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Feckless swine, they made my front page.
From one who used to proudly owned their product, and now views it as being forced to carry it in my bag, I salute you. Personally, I do not even feel they are worth my time to write their PR people, if they want to explain their practices, they can come out and find me here when they realize their business is in the toilet and decide to do market research to find out why. I am further po'ed that I probably could no longer move their product to replace my set because of their idiotic practice.

If they are oblivious to the fact that every golf site is dragging their name through the mud, and do not wish to do damage control, then it is more apparent that as a Product owner, they are further not worth my time. Hopefully more people take a stance as you have done Sling. Personally, it may be one of the few ways to make them recognize how much they have trampled their founders name.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Ping did absolutely nothing wrong
Incorrect, they made a ill advised marketing decision without thinking it through, and making a determination how it will affect their perspective and existing customers. I personally bought Ping because they have always targeted lasting value of their worksmanship, in their name. They made a decision that will not stand well with a large majority of perspective buyers, they dragged their own name and values through the mud, and as one of their customers, they devalued their name so much that my clubs are not worth what they were should I choose to move them. Which is what they are stating as their goal. They completely turned their back on the people that have kept them in business, and as a result they deserve to pay dearly. This has nothing to do with military, it has to do with making a poorly advised decision without considering how it affects their customer base. Although it being the military, it hits home with me, as it obviously does with the majority. I would certainly feel no different about their business if they did the same to Firefighters, Police officers, or anyone else who serves the people in this country. They should have made a better business decision and thought this through, instead of using an approach that shows no respect for their customer base, and clearly was clearly a poor decision in the eyes of the majority of their customers. Their clearly have overstepped their stated goal in protecting their product name, and made a decision that looks only to protect their own interest. Call it a backfire, call it what you want, but as someone who owns their product, I am pissed that they devalued their name and my product. As one of their Previous customers, they will receive no sympathy or further business from me.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Karsten is probably spinning like a top in his grave right now. I could just imagine what he'd be saying and doing if he was alive. Probably be starting over from scratch with a new marketing department and his son would be out of a job.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yet. They are too busy crossing your porous borders into ours.

And when they do decide to blow up Canada, you're on your own.

Have a nice day.

You know, there's two borders to cross coming into the US...ours, and YOURS!

If Canada gets bombed, it will only be because of our involvement, not because of a historical hatred by many countries..

And I won't be asking for help, personally....

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Starting look like politics.

Point has been made, and that was in the first post. Anyone else see a lock coming?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Starting look like politics.

Point has been made, and that was in the first post. Anyone else see a lock coming?

Nah. Quck jabs like that aren't worth a lock.

Plus, being a mod, I can just unlock it anyways...:D

I'm off the border talk/potential bombing chat....for now...;)

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Actually, I wouldn't mind living in Vancouver, I love it up there.

However, I love Ham and Swiss sandwiches, so is it Canadian Bacon and Swiss, or Ham and Swiss?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Our Marines can take Canada's any day. :)
Catherine Bell 2.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Note: Some veterans did not "choose" their jobs. They were drafted.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You know, there's two borders to cross coming into the US...ours, and YOURS!

If Canada gets bombed, it will only be because of our involvement, not because of a historical hatred by many countries..

And I won't be asking for help, personally....

R35

I often wondered why many americans blamed Canada's immigration policy for 9/11 when these terrorists would still need to cross the US border patrol with foreign ID to gain entry into the USA from Canada?

I cross the border several times per year and I especially noticed before 9/11 that I was asked for ID always when entering Canada, and rarely when returning to the US. Today it's a little better on the US side, but still I'm always asked for ID when I enter Canada.

This, of course is entirely up to the discression of the customs officer working the border.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
pre 9/11, the US-Mexico border was MUCH more porous than the US-Canada Border....and despite changes, it still is sadly to say....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Now as we were saying... Let's Boycott Ping!!:hunter:

What really makes me mad is I can't (in good conscience) argue Pings against Mizunos etc. They really screwed me up.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Originally posted by Sandpiper3: Good job on risking your lives and such, but really, you kill people, and doctors save people, but theyre not getting special discounts just because of what they do.

I just can't believe that you actually said that: "you kill people, and doctors save people." I hate to tell you this, but I was in heavy combat.........and my job was Hospital Corpsman....uh......MEDIC with the Marines. These guys are fighting terrorism, which includes for Canada. Ping is wrong. :(

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You are about to find out why he is called sssmokin!!! For all you out there who don't know what you've said... sssmokin was in the Tet offensive in the worst part of Viet Nam and had to try to patch together wounded, blown apart, bleeding and dying FRIENDS in the middle of combat and save their lives. He had half his calf blown off by a mortar shell and gets a little "testy" when someone who's "never been there" comes out with comments againts the military like that. You should be thankful you've been able to live sheltered lives and not had to do this (we had a DRAFT then). Canada has an active military of 98,550 vs 2,369,239 for the US. Saves you a big buck not having to spend alot on military because we're here to cover you. Iran is right behind you in military strength and Mexico is just ahead of you.:(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.