• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boycott Ping

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
At 17 years old you have very little life experience. You might want to learn from people that have actually been around the block a few times instead of spouting off about things you read in a book.
THAT is ignorance. intelligence is the word i meant to and should have used. i wasnt talkin about knowledge, i was saying that todays youth are a hell of alot smarter then u give us credit for. the way i used the word ignorant is correct also, it may be better to use "bias agaisnt" but how i said it works just as fine, sry your english lesson didnt work to well.

Thankfully for me, i know alot of "people that have have actually been around the block a few times" who are willing to teach us and share with us wat theyve experienced, now who is the ignorant one?

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Sandpiper,

What was I thinking? When I was 17 I thought I knew everything too. Twenty years from now you will realize just how little you knew and understood when you were 17...

Scott

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sounds familiar. Todays youth being smarter then youth of olden days. I was the smartest 18 year old on this planet until I got beaten down to size by the real world. Nothing against confident 17 year olds though. Only thing is when we were 18 we had a draft and you had to deal with getting sucked in the military to possibly die fighting some war in no man's land that was not noble like a WWII. You had no choice. Now at least you volunteer to do that.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
At 17 years old you have very little life experience. You might want to learn from people that have actually been around the block a few times instead of spouting off about things you read in a book

Amen, brother.

I thought I had the world by the balls when I was 17: full military scholarship to GA Tech, pretty girlfriend, 1965 GTO, aced my SATS....

By 19 I had lost my scholarship due to too much partying with aforementioned girlfriend, almost flunked out of GA Tech, and managed to get myself drafted due to losing my S-2 classification.

Took a while to did myself out of that hole, I tell you!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
PA- wat i said about Ping being right in wat they did is completely right. You cannot dissagree with it. I said it from a legal standpoint. From a marketing standpoint thats about the dumbest thing they could do, i believed that the whole time, i should make that more clear.
Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously I agree, from a legal standpoint any company has every right to do something such as this with their business, no matter how poorly it reflects on their name. And personally, I have no problem with them trying to deter places from selling their product at a discounted rate, although I think they need to rethink how they approach companies that do so. And in all likelyhood, we may not be hearing the entire story here. For all we know, they may have indicated time and time again that they would pull the plug if this continued, at which point I am not sure I could blame them, but until people hear that from Ping, saying nothing is usually no better than agreeing with what was said from a damage control standpoint.

Now on what I am hearing on their offered discount, I am still not sure it makes things any better in my mind. At least not yet. As was mentioned, what good is a 10% discount, if you can no longer buy the clubs in 1/2 of the military bases, or for that matter, any place that offers discounts. Probably should have addressed this and offered it prior to pulling the plug. Hard to believe this was in the plans prior to realizing they just cut off their nose to spite their face. Maybe it is time they reconsider their policy, as opposed to changing it around to simply fight fires after the fire just took the roof off their home.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
THAT is ignorance. intelligence is the word i meant to and should have used. i wasnt talkin about knowledge, i was saying that todays youth are a hell of alot smarter then u give us credit for. the way i used the word ignorant is correct also, it may be better to use "bias agaisnt" but how i said it works just as fine, sry your english lesson didnt work to well.

Thankfully for me, i know alot of "people that have have actually been around the block a few times" who are willing to teach us and share with us wat theyve experienced, now who is the ignorant one?

You remind me so much of me in my youth it's scary. That's a good thing by the way... especially since I am the coolest person I know ;)

Knowledge is good, opinions are good, open mind is good too tho. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You remind me so much of me in my youth it's scary. That's a good thing by the way... especially since I am the coolest person I know ;)

Knowledge is good, opinions are good, open mind is good too tho. :D

It's also extremely scary that you're growing up to be VTDivot.:wow:

I suggest cutting your hair and getting out of the prostitution scene. It's not working out well for VT, Piper....

:D

R35

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I'm thinking of actually buying some Ping equipment after all of this...

OK so I am going to buy something with their logo (probably used at Golfsmith as I wouldn't want Ping-Qaeda getting any benefit directly), deficate on it, urinate on it, then I'm really going to go postal on it.

I'm thinking a run through my Shaft cutter for the head and shaft. Then maybe grind it down to dust on the sander then mix it with used kitty litter from my cats and ship it off to the land fill (it would fit in since it is crap anyway).

I never did like anything from Ping-Qaeda. It looks like garbage so maybe I can atleast treat it like garbage.

winders

Sep 23, 2006
My wife decided it was time for some new irons since her set was over 20 years old. She was really interested in Ping irons since she has been a big fan of Ping for a long time.

After I told her what Ping was doing, she decided to not even look at Ping irons. She ended up buying some Nike Slingshot OSS irons instead. But she is going to use my old Ping Pal putter since it was purchased over 20 years ago.

Ping, I hope you are paying attention.....

Scott

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I can't believe you guys are ragging on Pong. That game was revolutionary. A science miracle of it's time ;)

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I can't believe you guys are ragging on Pong. That game was revolutionary. A science miracle of it's time ;)

Pong rocked I remember when it came out. I also remember the handheld versioin that came out many years later called Blip. Even remember the commercial and could sing it for you if you'd like.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
In Piper's defense, he's 17. He is a pretty smart kid who at least cares, and is interested. He brings certain points, albeit different, but at least validity and "intelligence" is shown.

Frankly, bottom line, PONG ROCKS!

🔥 Latest posts